Monday, May 6, 2024

A Sunday Morning in Utah


My view on the way to Winco

I really love going to see the Mormon Tabernacle Choir perform when I visit Utah and it worked out to go with my friend Alice who so kindly picked me up in the Winco parking lot and we headed downtown!




SLC temple under construction still

Neither of us realized that the Conference Center where Music & the Spoken Word is usually held, was not open. The performance was in the Tabernacle instead so we walked across the street and it wasn't bad. Just cold and a bit windy.



In we go!



We had decent seats. You can also sit upstairs in the balcony area but we opted not to do that this time.



My friend Alice and I. 

When my friend Elisha sends me the photo she got of us on her phone, I'll upload it here.



Today's performance, click here if you would like to watch or listen

All Creatures of Our God & King was my favorite and also To God Be the Glory, which I do not think I have ever heard before but it was full of gusto and I liked it a lot!



Some cool background colors during practice. 

We sat down around 9am and the performance started at 9:30am and went until 10am.



 I am not sure the expected ETA for everything to be completed but it will be nice to have all the scaffolding and cranes out of the way and things looking back to normal even though a lot of changes to the grounds have been made.

If you ever would like to attend a performance by the choir on a Sunday in Utah, message me if you have any questions or just do a Google search. It's open to the public, no ticket required. 

 

No comments: