Sunday, May 5, 2024

Cinco de Mayo Saturday



I started out the day going to yard sales with my sister, my niece and nephews. I don't really have many photos from doing that so I won't share any here. I bought 1 set of metal lockers which were really cool and only $10! Next, I headed to the Home Show in Sandy which I had been looking forward to going to all week. I don't know why exactly, I don't even have a home in Utah. Even though it was a bit on the small side, it was pretty cool and I met so many nice people! Glad I spent the time to go and so glad that my friend Alice was willing to come along.





Then we headed down the street to the South Town Mall to check out the Market and Craft Fair.



We got hung up at a cool table to make some custom beaded pens. See how fun they turned out?! There was more to see but it ended at 5 I believe. This happens every month but next month it will be in a different location. 



I always love these owls. There are 2 of them. Dreamscapes in the mall is so much fun! I have actually never paid for a ticket and walked through  yet but I did go to Dreamscapes when it was in downtown SLC.



Next I picked up fancy mini cheesecakes for Star Wars day. I would have liked to do more to celebrate but the day was going so fast! I got JCW's for dinner and despite the super long wait in the drive through line, the food was excellent. Besides In N Out, I'd say this is my favorite burger.


Look how fun!!

Sadly I can't rotate photos in Blogger anymore for some reason so enjoy the sideways photo.



My sister's ward congregation did a Cinco de Mayo party with chips, salsa, cheese and jalapeños and horchata as well as a piñata for the kids which was very entertaining to watch. Peep Raeya and Riley trying to hit the piñata.

We ended the day with me taking the kids to Michael's & Crumbl, Deseret Book was closed, Riley ran into GameStop for a moment and we stopped at Dollar Tree on the way back to Laura's house. Overall, a fun and productive day!
 

No comments: