Saturday, May 4, 2024

Hiking & Real Boba Drinks



My sister actually found this hike for the Blackridge Trail in Herriman by doing a Google search. For some reason this particular one did not come up for me when I typed "easy hikes for kids in SLC". My nephew who just turned 10 has been begging to go on a hike since I got here. That makes this auntie's heart so happy! I did not realize that there was a charge for parking so be warned in case you go...I took a photo of the sign. It's $15 to park...




This hike starts in a neighborhood basically which is located by this lake with a sandy beach area and playground. We did not have trouble getting parking. The day was cool and kind of windy but also sunny so if the wind stopped, I think we would have gotten hot.



Starting the hike with happy faces....



Honestly the view was so good. I am used to hiking to a waterfall but the lake will do in this case even though Reese was a bit disappointed. He didn't find much value to the view like I did.



Reese was gung-ho about hiking pretty much the whole time
Raeya was not as enthusiastic and kept asking when we could turn around so she could go play on the playground




Be aware this trail is also for bikers so we had to pull over a few times to let bikes pass and also stay aware when they were coming up in front of or behind us.



This is where it got confusing. We kept going straight, which was apparently to Eric's trail. There was no place to turn left to keep going on Blackridge and we were not going right to Diamondback. I will have to study a map in more detail about this at a future date but honestly I do not think we will come back to hike here because I'd rather park for free than pay! I thought the hike was a loop but couldn't figure that out and Google Maps didn't show us on a path so we eventually turned around and hiked back the way we had come.




Taking a break that was probably not as comfortable as he thought it would be.



Raeya was smiling again here. I had her looking for smooth rocks to paint (there really were not any truly smooth rocks) and watching for different flowers.



Always have to take some selfies along the way


On the way back from the hike...



The map of trails. I am sorry it's a bit tricky to read


Back at the lake, very nice spot and pretty chill.


One last photo for good measure. It was a beautiful day!


I took them to try boba drinks earlier in the week but it was popping boba. This time we got real boba. Raeya's was a strawberry milk and Reese's was Oreo but he thought it tasted like coffee and didn't like the boba part. Raeya loved her drink. I said, "Now you know which boba you prefer for the future." Overall it was a fun day and I am glad we got to experience the hike and Kung Fu Tea!

 

No comments: