Monday, July 8, 2019

Shakey Shakey Earthquakey


4th of July morning started out like most any other morning.
We were at the church at 7am for the program and flag raising ceremony.
Love being able to do this tradition somewhere.

 

I was happy to see that they had donuts this year. A step up above last time when there was nothing. Sadly there was no maple bars and I didn't think the sugar intake was worth it for a donut I dont love so I decided to pass.


Stopped by Albertson's to get a few things, went home and Tony took a picture of me with my patriotic outfit on and then we did a few things around the house. Tony wanted to work on the car but my visiting teacher Amy had been inviting me to come to the high school and watch her kids in the annual play. Tony doesn't like that kind of thing and I was so-so but figured it might be good to watch at least once while we lived here so we headed over a little before 10am. I'm glad I convinced Tony to go with me because I was |thisclose| to going by myself. He wanted to work on the car but I told him it would only be about an hour then he could come back and work on it before we went to Palmcaster.
We got to our seats roughly 5 minutes to 10am. Found a spot, there was a little delay with the program so we were sitting there waiting for it to start. There was a little rumble and I thought it might be an earthquake but Tony told me he thought it was the AC kicking on or someone on the roof so I let it go, mainly because the program was about to start. Check out what happened next...


Yeah. Wow.

That was unexpected! Or maybe I should have expected it and believed my thought about it being a possible earthquake. The base does testing and there are rumbles once in awhile but this was so different and felt like it lasted forever as we grabbed our belongings and worked our way out of the building. 

I shakily made some Snapchat videos and we got the clear to go home where we went and assessed the damage. It was a 6.4 and things had definitely tipped over and some things broke.

My mom called me pretty soon after it happened, I dont know how she heard about it so fast. We had planned to go out of town to Palmcaster that day, which still happened, but we were delayed and ended up missing our time slot to see Other Side of Heaven 2.

Here are some pictures of the damage we had:



Owls all on the ground. Luckily only a couple broke. On the left, I had a framed print and the glass broke everywhere when it fell.



Lamp fell over



The office was a hot mess and I didn't even get a picture of the pantry.



Most of my owls flew to the floor and things got shaken around. Luckily nothing got broken.




So glad Tony hadn't been work on the car as it fell off the jack he had it on. Gulp.



So glad the birds will still upright on their stand. The air purifier tipped over though.



Bike fell over and the pedal broke :( Need to replace that.



Checking out the she shed...



Lots of things fell over or down. A few things broke but luckily not too much. 

After we assessed the damage, power was out, we cleaned up a few things and then headed out to Palmcaster.



I didn't have much appetite but we went to Dunkin to get donuts..
I got my free birthday item from Sharky's...
You can see my stressed but trying to be happy face. Haha.



Free meal at Sweet Tomatoes and 20% off for Tony. SUCH a good deal!



Tony is obsesed with our new-to-us Hyundai Accent and anytime he sees another car in the bright green color, he points it out. This time he wanted a picture. Lol

We missed our movie because the earthquake had delayed us a bit too much.
We went to Michael's and the Five Below store. Lowe's and Walmart before heading towards Ridgecrest - which I def. did not want to go that way but we had to.



Fireworks at the fairgrounds in Lancaster. We pulled to the side of the road for these...



Then drove up the road to an area where we could pull off better. Would have been fun to be closer - it was a good show but this view was not too shabby.

What. A.  Day. And the fun continues...

No comments: