Monday, July 15, 2019

How About A Birthday At Disneyland?!



My friend Brian works for Disney in Burbank and gets free tickets throughout the year. He had posted on Facebook that he had free tickets for Wednesday - July 10th - my birthday! Tony was off work because of the recent earthquakes so I quickly messaged Brian and everything fell into place.


My first time visiting Star Wars Land...






I think it was very well put together. Looked so authentic! 















There was really only one ride to go on and it actually ended up making Tony motion sick (he wasn't sure if it would or not) so sadly he was not 100% the rest of the day and had to sit out for some of the rides we went on.





It was only a 50 minute wait (is that good?) for Smuggler's Run









First time on the ride and I was the gunner. Which mainly consisted of pushing 1 button when it lit up red. A little underwhelming but was an interesting experience to actually be on the ride.






Lots of people in the park on this hot day.






Get your droid built here!




That's about it for Star Wars Land. We walked around a bunch and then called it good and done for that area of the park.





Had a pretty good lunch at the New Orleans restaurant. Portions were huge! I regret not remembering that Tony & I should share something.



Got to watch a fun parade in the afternoon on our way to California Adventure.








Check out that Rapunzel float!




The Lion King



Peter Pan!



So many princesses






This parade had a lot of excitement and action! So much to see.






Mary Poppins! This was fun to see. It would be fun to get pictures with these characters.







Made it over to the California Adventure side!




Rode the Little Mermaid ride. My second time on this. It's a fun one!










Brian and his friend who was visiting from out of the country - his first time here!



I'm the birthday girl and he's with the birthday girl. Tehe!





Scores!



Poor Tony. He was still having a hard time feeling good or going on any other rides besides Pirates and Little Mermaid and Haunted Mansion. He's a trooper for putting up with all that we did that day.

Then...Brian and I! Gosh. Without him, this trip would not have been possible. It was great spending the day with him and his friend and catching up on life. 




I badly wanted to go to Fire & Ice for my birthday dinner but it was a bit of a rush and not as enjoyable (?) as it could have been. I found out during our last ride at the park that my friend Rhonda had found out I was in the area via the Snapchat map. So cool! She was staying right by where this restaurant is and walked over to meet us there for dinner. I think we got there at 9:30 and they closed at 10pm. Agh. The food was really delicious though, I loved catching up with Rhonda and hanging out. The manager in charge was not very nice about letting me use my free birthday meal and then giving Tony & Rhonda a discount so we ended up paying $50 or so for the 3 of us when I was expecting it to be a lot less. But due to the fact we got there so late I didn't really check with anyone when we got there and I should have. Such a bummer. Guess we won't do it that way again!




No comments: