Monday, June 21, 2021

Ward Girls Camp ~ Final Day!

 

 
It's now the final day at girls camp at Diaz Lake. I finally got a good night of sleep with no bugs. Hooray! It seemed to warm up even faster than the previous day and all the shade tents had been taken down and put away so for breakfast I went and ate my breakfast burrito by the teardrop camper where it was slightly cooler and I had some shade.

 

 
I didn't take a whole lot of pictures this day because it was just so so SO hot! Too hot to trot. We sat outside, in the shade of a tree and the cooks' tent covering, while the girls did a scavenger hunt. Today was also a pool day but that wasn't scheduled until 1pm. The scavenger hunt was fun to watch and the girls got a bag of really good prizes to share. There were 4 groups and everyone got back in about 30 minutes or less.

 

 We all decided to go to the church building again for games and hanging out since it would be a lot cooler. The girls changed into swim suits and did things until lunch which arrived a bit late but I got to help! Sadly I did not get a picture of me in my apron because it was all a bit crazy rushing to get things ready. Probably my other top favorite lunch - homemade taquitos, dip, veggies, chips and guac.
 
 
 
Finally the girls were able to go to the pool and me and some of the other leaders stayed to keep hanging out at the church building but we also put tables and chairs away and vacuumed and tidied up the areas we had used. A branch for church is smaller than a ward. The Lone Pine area is not huge so the members of the church there are a small group. I have never been in an actual branch building before, it is so much smaller than a ward building! It was interesting to see and experience. It's a pretty cute building overall.  I was blown away by how small the chapel is and that the baptismal font is IN the floor of the stage in the 'gym area. So wow!


The girls got back from swimming, everyone got into the cars they were assigned to carpool home in and I got dropped off back at the campsite to get my teardrop camper and start heading back to Ridgecrest. It was a bit stormy outside as you can see from the picture above and I think that made the temperature feel a bit more muggy than it normally would. 

 
Home again! So so hot outside (high had been 115 that day I think in Ridgecrest) so I waited until evening and Tony helped me unload the car. Bless his heart. I showered right away since there were no showers at camp and it felt amazing to be squeaky clean again.

Overall it was a good experience despite the yucky bathrooms and all the bugs and I am looking forward to seeing what happens with camp next year. I am sure it will go back to being a stake camp back at Camp Wilderness but who knows! Time will tell....


No comments: