Monday, June 21, 2021

Ward Girls Camp ~ Day 3

 

 The previous night, I made a bad mistake of hanging one of my solar lanterns in my teardrop so I could find it easily in the night. The teardrop was full of gnats when I got in for the night! I spent too long trying to kill them with wet wipes and finally fell asleep in exhaustion with my hat pulled down over my face, my shirt pulled up over my hat and wet wipes to cover my ears. Ugh. It was not fun. But check out this cool bridge from the parking lot into the tent area of camp. You can see my teardrop there, so small, in the middle of the photo.



It felt like the day was getting hot quick so I opted to stay at the church all day doing crafts, watching the practice of the skits and playing games.

 
 
The sand art jars turned out pretty amazing!


The nailpolish was a hit. Lots of the girls (and Brother Washburn) took a turn getting their nails painted. I'm so glad I thought to brought some of my polish.

I worked on a craft I brought to do and then shared it with one of the girls who ran out of things to do. Next time I will have to bring more rocks to share.

Being able to stay at the church building for so long was great, lots of ac and real bathrooms. But eventually it was time to be done and head back to the camp site. The Lone Pine Building and Lake Diaz were about 10 minutes apart so not too bad to go back and forth as needed.

The Foster's brought their bought and took girls around on the lake. The girls seemed to have a great time with that and it was fun to watch them coming and going.

 
Some of the girls out on a hot dog floatie with a few paddles. 

 
My camping spot. I luckily didn't have to unhook the teardrop from the car or back it into a spot anywhere. Camping with the teardrop is so fun! It was weird not sharing my sleeps with Tony. I think this is the first time I've ever slept in it by myself. 

 
 
Once again feeling impressed at the quality of the night shot mode on my camera. Haha. This was just during campfire.

 
Time for skits! Both groups of girls did such a good job performing. I was very impressed.

 
See that picnic table behind the campfire? During testimony meeting, a raccoon got up on that table and I gasped and said, "There's the raccoon!" Many people stood up to see and then it scampered off. We've had trouble with raccoons all week at camp, one chewed itself into a tent, chewed up a backpack, got into a container of peanut butter and left peanut butter prints all over the place. Funny but tisk tisk.

That's about it for day 3 of camp. 1 more day left to share!


No comments: