Friday, July 13, 2018

Turning 29 - Again!



Tony woke me up with breakfast on July 10th - hooray!

He made me an owl pancake, eggs, bacon and a side of strawberries.

What's next?!



I jumped up on the treadmill and walked for 20 minutes. I don't get on here every day but I've been trying to get better and build up my walking stamina hopefully to help me on longer hikes.


I dont know why I did not get a picture of us together and I'm not sure we have ever taken a picture together, sadly, so that will have to change but! my friend Maggi invited me to go to the Enchanted Tea Cottage here in town, for lunch and it was good timing, being my birthday and all. 


I tried a raspberry-vanilla-cream-tea and my taste buds have not changed. I still do not care for tea but it was fun to try. I got little chicken salad sandwiches and the salad was really very good. Maggi shared her cucumber and strawberry sides with me (you can see pictured up in the left corner with the food). So tasty!


Strawberry scones for dessert with a little side of something else, I am not sure the proper name for it but it was chocolate and strawberry and lemon cream with a strawberry.


There was a gift shop area you walk to to get to a building in the back where the food is actually served. So many cute things everywhere! Breakable too.


Love the bath bombs, so many colors! The bird necklace! And the teacups with matching plates.



After dinner Tony and I went to Bear Hugs which is the local froyo place. I remembered they recently put crepes on their menu so I tried the s'mores one. Pretty darn delicious! It took me until the next day to finish it all!


My good friend Lindsay in Oregon is super thoughtful - I don't know how she manages to remember my birthday and send something out to arrive before the big day. She nailed it with a really sweet card and a cherry reusable bag! Ahh! So perfect - esp for California where you have to pay for plastic bags. I'l be using this bag a lot!

(dont mind the sweaty shiny face - very humid in the house)

I got over 100 birthday messages on Facebook so I spent a lot of the afternoon replying to all of those, well, all that I could. They do eventually all get responded to in one form or another. Tony's present is coming on Friday so I will feature that in a separate post probably.

No comments: