Friday, July 15, 2022

Last Day in Utah

 



So we started our drive home from Salt Lake on Wednesday the 13th, stayed the night with our friends Heidi and Andrew in St. George and then continued on to Ridgecrest the next day with a few stops in Las Vegas.  


It was a crazy time with Reese, Riley and Raeya these past few weeks we've been able to see them pretty much every day and I was able to exercise my role as the "fun aunt". Haha! 


We treated them (and Laura) to Brooker's Ice Cream before we left. They'd never been here before and I think they liked it pretty well. The ice cream here is soo good!



We arrived to St. George around 6pm I think and man, it was hot!



I've been a bit addicted to paddle boarding lately. I got to go when I was up in Utah with a friend visiting from NM, then I looked up a place to go in St. George and even though we only had 45 minutes before the rental place closed, Heidi and I made the best of it. Shared a tandem board for the first time, that ended up working out well! $35 for the both of us. We could have rented it for longer, if only we had gotten there sooner. The water felt awesome and has been my favorite lake in Utah so far to get in.



It was so great visiting our friends and a huge thanks for letting us crash for a night. Tony & Andrew put a couple chairs together (they are remodeling so much inside their house right now) while Heidi and I went and had some fun.

We left kinda early the next morning to beat the heat but it didn't really work. Oh well! At least we didn't get back to Ridgecrest after dark. We actually arrived when it was still light out. Shocker!



Stopped to see my friend Emily! We lived in Woodland as youth and teens. She lives in Vegas now. I hate showing up empty handed to visit friends so I grabbed a drink for her at Sonic.  Fun to see her and chat for a few minutes before she needed to head out.



Then I stopped at what I feel like is the only Fuddruckers left, to get my free birthday burger. I used to love this burger so much, and while it's still good, it's so much bread! Super thick! I don't care for that. Next time I'll have to see if they can do it protein style like In N Out does...nonetheless, I am glad it worked out to redeem it before it expired.


Heading past the World's Tallest Thermometer in Baker, CA. It was nice to get home and the car unpacked after a few very fun filled weeks in UT!

No comments: