Thursday, January 9, 2020

Day 1 ~ CES 2020



Another year, another great time being able to attend CES. I drove to Vegas Monday night and stayed with my friend Emily. I picked up my friend Marie at the airport and everything worked out so perfectly with that which I was relieved about. Usually, the Las Vegas airport is pretty lowkey and easy to navigate through compared to other airports I've been to.  We dropped off our belongings at the resort - they were so kind to let us check in early! Summoned a Lyft ride and we were on our way to the Sands hotel to start our day.



We entered the Eureka Park area that was set up for CES and stopped at the TriNet booth because..candies. Made a fun boomerang with a prop (check my Instagram for details) and continued on our way, up and down the aisles. Stopping at what looked interesting.


Zibrio is the company this flamingo was with and we did visit this booth later to get a balance test and I scored a 6. Most people score in the middle between 1 and 10. I watched one guy score an 8! 10 means you are an Olympic athlete. So basically, I'm happy that my balance is normal.


Really liked this keyboard - you can customize the keys to work with different languages or different programs! It's very cool but instead of me trying to type out all the deets, you can visit the website here


I love the size of the keyboard and that it has Bluetooth built in so I could type my blog posts to go to my phone - on the road! (When Tony is driving of course)


This is like a Keurig meet water dispenser office style. You can put in water flavor pods to create different flavors. There is a home version (left) and an office version (seen on the right). Learn more about Rocean here.


Nice looking smart scale and cutting board. I didn't talk to the company or get much information about it but it looks like The Yes Company sells this, or will. They are on Indigogo.


I held my thumbs on this device and it could measure different things including heart rate. That was interesting. It also measured other things I didn't understand but I did it to win a prize. Which was a lanyard? Jokes on me I guess!


Finding out I won a MoDesk! Oh. My. Gosh. One of my top favorite things to win at CES.  The MoDesk is a portable desk with legs that can make the height of your workspace 3 different heights. I dropped my card in the raffle and they drew my card. See how stoked and excited I was? I can't wait to put this desk to use. It weighs about 8lbs. and you can fit your laptop and charger in the case as well. The people who work for this company were incredibly kind. So fun to meet htem and especially fun to win!


A phone case that filters the screen so it's not so harsh on your eyes. They also make cases for your tablet. It looks like they are Indgo Vision but I can't seem to find a website for them at this time. 


These parrots help people with physical challenges the ability to connect more with the outside world and focusing on control, communication and connection. Learn more at the Loro website. 


Loved seeing these free charging stations around the area. We didn't use one but you can set a pin and come back to get your phone when its done charging. Handy! But just don't forget your pin or to go back and get your phone.


Got a free mini Stroopwafel! Caramel flavor. 


Pix backpacks - so fun! But the price of $199 is not so fun (to me). It is pretty cool all the images you can put on the backpack. Plus they are animated!
  

Of course I'd find an owl brand at CES. There were a few brands actually with an owl in the name. I was bummed though because their devices were not even owl shaped. Maybe eventually.


These chargers were interesting. They are one-time use chargers for Android or Apple and the outside is biodegradable and the insides are recyclable. Nice if you need a quick charge. PawaMini website. 


A phone stand and grip that does various things. Pretty sturdy. It's a Trip Tech phone grip but I haven't been able to find a website for them yet. I'll keep looking though.


You know it - more owls! Owl Labs are cool in the fact they actually look like owls. Squee! AND do a hooting sound when it starts up. It's a mic, 360* camera and speaker. Perfect for meetings and able to include those working remotely. I loved it and the girl I talked to working at the booth was so kind!


Lumicharge has a great new product that's out - Lumicharge LD. I just love their innovation. This is a bluetooth speaker, alarm clock, and phone charger. There is a spinning disk that lets you pick which connection of phone charge you want to plug your phone in to. There is also a wireless charging base. 


Kohler - love them! Their products always looks so good and perform well, in my experience. Pictured here is a showerhead with a bluetooth speaker that you can slip in to the head of the shower or take out and use in other areas of your house. So genius! 


 

This keyboard was super cool looking! The company that had all these various keyboards set out on their tables were offering a Bluetooth device that you can purchase for less than $50 that would let you connect your keyboard to anything else compatible. So, your phone or TV for example


Crazy folding keyboard!


App-controlled Christmas tree lights. Pretty genius! And the first time I've ever seen a Christmas tree at CES. Available now and you can get them on the Twinkly website or do a search for locations near you. 


 







Some fun-shaped mice.  The one on the left looks good for when your hand gets sweaty. Does your hand ever do that using a mouse for so long? The mice on the right remind me of the new Cricut Easy Press Mini. 


Time to see 3D without the glasses!


I didn't talk to this company but it looked interesting.


Smart toilets are a thing! But until it can fetch another roll of toilet paper for me, I'll probably pass. Haha. 


Sat through some CNet talk to see if we would win a Nintendo Switch and a few other prizes. Sadly only 1 person won. We really thought there would be a few winners for various prizes. Lesson learned. But if you don't play...you can't win either. Shrug. 


Time to call it a day! We made our way out to the Lyft area. Which that in and of itself was a hot mess because every ride we tried to book, canceled on us! We got out there about 6pm, waited until a bit after 6:30 for the price to go down but probably didn't actually get a ride until almost 7:30. Ridiculous. 


Swag for Tuesday! 

No comments: