Saturday, December 28, 2019

Luminaria Experience at Thanksgiving Point


Heading in to Thanksgiving Point there was a huge light up board that said the tickets for Luminaria were sold out and I worried so hard that we didn't have a chance of seeing the lights after driving about 45 minutes from Kearns to get to Lehi. I had tried to buy tickets online but the link wasn't working or the page just kept refreshing. So odd.



I talked to a couple guys in a different building and they told me to ride the trolley bus down to the Luminaria area, which I did. Tony called me on the way and said they would go find a place to park. I spilled my story to the girl at the front desk and she said, we still have tickets - no problem! I asked her WHY did the signs say they were sold out and she didn't really have an answer. Gosh. I'm glad we didn't turn around and figure out a plan B. I got us 3 tickets and we started on our journey!



First stop was at the greenhouse area for elaborate gingerbread houses. More like mansions and the like. It was pretty incredible to see all the detail and work that the makers put into their creations.




Click any photo to enlarge it.




See the detail through the candy window - a Christmas tree, chair, fireplace!




Then we headed out on the path in to the cold night.
















Hard to get good pictures sometimes with the frosty air and the twinkling lights.






These light up tulips were really something. Each area had a sign with a title. This one was "Blossoms of Light".
  

These light balls were incredibly pretty hanging up in the trees. 



What I came here for! (mainly). This is a popular area and often shared on social media. Stay tuned for more pictures of this coolness.



Insisted on getting a photo on this bench after we waited patiently for some old people to move. Haha! Thanks to Joey for the photo.




So cold to see my breath! and lights all over my face, which was hard to capture.
I waited awhile to get a photo of this snowman with no one in it.







There was an area to get donuts, hot chocolate and s'mores supplies


An area right by there to play games like this skeeball one - a favorite of mine


A few more fun photos of the thousands, I'm sure, of lights


I decided to break this post up in to a few sections, the next one will be for Light the World and then the rest of what we saw after that. So..stay tuned!

  

No comments: