Saturday, January 11, 2020

Day 2 - CES 2020


Hey Google! And hey, good morning from CES 2020 on a bright and cheery Tuesday. Woot! Was super excited to start the day out at the main Convention Center and see some new things.  Keep reading to see what cool stuff I got to see and experience.




Seeing exciting things on our way to CES for the day. Google had a car you could ride in on a little track last year through different rooms, like Disneyland. Golly. It was so fun. This year they have a ball pit and I can't wait to ride the slide down.  


Some other angles of the slides. Nobody was on them at the moment because someone hurt himself and medics were there attending to his ankle so it was blocked off for awhile. 





Plants are cool. Yes, yes they are. My mom would have liked this banner since she loves her garden so much.


Stood in a short line around the corner of the banner to try the Impossible pork burger. I was excited because Tony had just told me about it hours earlier and it didn't take us long to find it, eat a sample, spin a wheel and win some swag. Overall I did like the taste and texture of the pork burger and I'd eat it again!


Standing in line to play the Google gumball machine and Google reps brought us Dunkin Donuts!


Under the donuts, there could be prizes to win and my friend Marie (pictured on the right in the black and white shirt) won a Google Home Mini!


We waited for about an hour and a half in line (we were told it could be up to 2 hours) and I got a gift card to Nike. Sweet!


Walking into the main hall there's always a sweet TV display by LG and this year was just as amazing. 


Check out the quality and the curves in the screen.


The TV that rises in and out of it's box was back. Rise Up TV by LG.
They also had them coming down from the ceiling so I guess you could say...Rise Up...Lay Down ?


Side view on the left of the Rise Up TV. Hard to capture, not great lighting. 
The picture on the right is trying to show how crowded it was in this year - esp when we were in the LG area. Lots of tours!


I know what I want next Christmas! Haha! But really...this Dual Screen phone by LG and it allows you to do more at once which is something I attempt to do on one phone screen or balancing my laptop, iPod and phone to use them all at once. 






Concept car... kind of cool looking.



LG Smart Home setup with fridges, stoves, microwaves, lights and more. Maybe I will live in a total smart home in the future? Not the near future but who knows.



These monitors were really nice - especially the one on the right. Is was quite wide and had a curve.


This is a smart door for the entrance to your house. To the left was a cooler type of box for grocery deliveries.  There is also a box for packages.


We got the rundown of all the features this door has.  It has a face and hand scanner to let you in. There is a mirrored display inside the door that weather updates, traffic stats, upcoming deliveries and more. Pretty handy to see that stuff on your way out the door. The door has a matte look to it.

Read CNET's review of it here and see more photos. I wish this was something coming to a house near me soon but I think it might take awhile. 



I have not really heard of this Royole brand but they had some really interesting things. See that tree? The 'leaves' were paper thin screens that changed to make the tree look like it was in different seasons. Pretty interesting. They had a cool notebook that would send your writing to the screen of a tablet pretty quickly. I thought the lines weren't that sharp but maybe that's just me. 


They also make a lot of other products, or their bendy screen can go on to a lot of other products as seen here with a speaker and I'm not sure what else there was since the person behind the counter was filming something so we could not get too close.


Digital desk sign with a fold-able screen but I think it is folded to that shape permanently. 


They are incorporating the screens on to clothing and accessories too!

Grateful for a healthy snack from one of the booths - tomatoes, grapes and cucumbers. Totally hit the spot.


"Imagine General Conference!" (The Singles Ward - scroll to 45:02) haha!


I spent quite awhile trying to find information about this bike online but didn't have much luck. I was intrigued because it is electric and it folds. Something I am going to keep my eye on. 


Kinda sad that Polaroid didn't have their normal big booth setup. They just had a small section in a different company's booth which I thought was interesting. 


Loved the look of this lantern speaker from Monster. It seemed to have good sound quality as well. 


The RoKiT phone was impressive to me. For one, it's affordable. Phones start at $34 and go up to $299.  The phone can "fix a flat, bail you out, and cure that rash." For $15/month I believe it was, you can have up to 3 face to face contacts with a doctor via your phone. You can get a prescription and peace of mind without having to subject yourself to the wait times and germs in a doctor's office. See all their services here.  

Here's an article from PC Mag with more information. 


The PrintPen was a highlight for me and it's something I feel like I have known about for awhile or at least seen ads for something somewhat similar but it's now out and available for purchase. 


All the materials you can print on! I'm such a fan. I can't wait to own one someday!


This was a different product but by the same company I believe. 
I got BMI System Group's logo printed on the top of this coffee which Marie drank.
It was so cool to see the machine in action! You can customize not just the tops of coffee but cookies, anything with a flat or mostly flat surface will work. 


Light up backpacks for when you take your gear on the go. I feel like there was a similar company we had seen downstairs over at the Sands but I am thinking these are 2 separate companies doing a similar thing but I didn't talk to them to know for sure. 




Fun little personal pizza oven! Looks like you can get this at Bed Bath and Beyond.


Delta is the first major airlines to exhibit and keynote at CES. Exciting! 


The Smacircle bike is the first electric foldable bike that can fit in a bag.
With all my traveling, this would be a great option to keep things compact. Especially in places like Vegas where the best way to get around and not pay for parking would be to head out on a bike.




Well, that's a wrap! Stay tuned for the day 3 recap. It's quite a lot of pictures to go through so it takes a bit of time and I'm headed out to Arizona for my next conference soon but hopefully will get day 3 up sooner than later. Thanks for reading!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

As reported by Stanford Medical, It's in fact the one and ONLY reason this country's women get to live 10 years more and weigh on average 42 lbs less than us.

(And actually, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some hard exercise and really, EVERYTHING around "HOW" they eat.)

BTW, What I said is "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

CLICK on this link to see if this quick quiz can help you release your true weight loss potential