Thursday, March 8, 2018

Street Lockdown




I woke up the morning of March 2nd to a dog barking and barking. So. much. barking. There might be a dog or two in the neighborhood but I rarely hear them bark. This dog however was going on and on that finally I looked out the window to see this. Oh my. A police officer with a dog that had been going crazy, in the driveway of this house across the street where my friend used to live. She and her family moved though so it's been empty for a bit.



I am not sure what happened next. Tony was working from home so I hurried down the hall to tell him there was craziness going on outside. One of the cops did come over and Tony told him maybe they could see if our outdoor cameras captured anything so the cop came inside for a bit as Tony went through the morning videos on his phone. Nothing was found however so the cop left but a bunch of them were roaming up and down the street, knocking on doors, checking backyards and talking to people.

 

Climbing over the wall from the yard next door, which that house is also currently empty..

 

Getting fancy and walking on top of the wall

 I jumped on the computer to check the scanner news Facebook page and found quite a long thread. A guy had robbed the store at the gas station around the corner from us and he was on the run. The cops shut down our street for most of the morning and my neighbor, who had left her house early, was unable to get back in for quite awhile. It was seriously like a movie with riles or machine guns, dogs, bullet proof vests, helmets, lots of cop cars going up and down our street and a command center set up around the corner at the church parking lot.



Taco Bell was put on lock down as well as the bank and other businesses. I think one school went on lockdown and possibly others while the police tried to find the guy. A plane up in the sky helping with the search. I got basically nothing done all day because I was glued to the computer and kept checking all the windows to see what action was happening on our street. And to think, I almost did not lock up the she-shed the night before because I was sleepy on the couch, it was super windy and also cold outside. I'm glad I convinced myself to get off the couch and lock up the room.

The police checked our street and the ones next to ours, multiple times throughout the day. In the end, the guy got away somehow. So much crazy on our end of town! I wonder if this beats the story of the craziness that happened on our front lawn in Utah a few years ago? Hmm.

No comments: