Friday, October 24, 2014

Girls Night Out , Erins Night Out

I found a contest on a blog to enter to win tickets for Erin's Night Out, hosted by 100.7 FM which is a radio station I sometimes listen to. I thought I would enter to win and actually ended up getting an email saying that I had won 4 tickets! It turned out that we were supposed to be going to Albuquerque for the balloon fiesta but that got canceled pretty much last minutes - the day we were supposed to go - because of stormy weather. We ended up staying in SLC and I was able to go to this after all! My sister Laura and I went but we were not able to find anyone to use the other 2 tickets. 

I had to get 4 new tires on my car (a story for another day) and when I got done, I picked up Laura and we headed to the event. It was in a hotel and not in downtown SLC like I had thought. I had not looked at the details of the event too closely because I didnt think I would be able to go.



First we went to the room that had vendors set up and shopping. Shopping! So fun even if it was just looking and no buying. We did get free water bottles from RC Willey which was nice.


I paid $5 to get my nails painted. Since we got there a little later, the pedicure sign up sheet was full until the end of the night. Disappointing! I could have gotten a henna tattoo but there were about 10 people in line in front of me and we didnt have all night that we could spend waiting for things.

We did get some yummy dipped treats - they had marshmallows with 3 different kinds of chocolate. The picture on the website shows a bunch more to be dipped than just marshmallows but maybe they ran out of fruit by the time we got there. 

Then there was a short fashion show of some Halloween Costumes

There was music with a DJ, dancing, classes and a fire show outside with firefighters which we just missed and then we werent able to stay for the next round. Better luck next time!

Shelves of fire! I thought this was cool so Laura took my picture. Sadly we got no pictures together.

I love Chihuly glass art!


The view from above before we headed out


We stayed about an hour and a half total. There was kind of a lot to do but kind of not. I had mixed feelings about being here. I am glad we went but wish we had come earlier. It would have been fun to have 2 other people with us and gotten a hotel room for the night to go upstairs , watch tv and eat junk, sleep & go home the next day. Oh well, there's always next year if I happen to win tickets again but I dont think it would be an event I would pay to go to. It was cute to see the moms and their daughters there in matching pjs or slippers.

No comments: