Monday, September 27, 2021

Winnemucca, NV Balloon Glow

 

 
I got to attend a hot air balloon event in Winneucca over the weekend, because I was invited by my friend Kylee to crew for her at the balloon event. The event started a bit before I got there but I arrived in time for the balloon glow Friday evening to find out that Kylee wasn't glowing so we helped our friend Erica a little with her balloon because once all the balloons inflated on the field.
 
 

 

 

  This balloon event had about 15 balloons I think with pilots from a few different states including a couple California pilots I know! Very fun to see them in Nevada.


Getting some photos out on the field while it was still somewhat light out


It was very strange to walk around the balloons a bit and not actually help in setting one up but I was able to snag a few good pictures before the breezy wind forced the balloons to come down.



We ended up eating at the event because many places in town were already closed (so we heard). There was Indian fry bread, a hamburger truck, Thai food and 4 choices of Mexican food at one truck. That's what I picked and I waited for so so SO long to get my tacos. 4 total. Shredded beef. They were really good but worth the wait? When you're hangry? I dunno. They were a little spicy but overall pretty yummy.

Stay tuned for ballooning in the morning!

No comments: