Monday, August 2, 2021

Camp Ritchie - Day 2!

 




Breakfast for the day! Pancakes, fruit, bacon and milk for me...





A nice early start to day 2 of camp.



The dogs owned by the caretakers. They were pretty friendly and fun to watch



Working at the top of the rock so early in the morning. Brent is in the striped shirt, Scott is overseeing (he was the course master this year) and Millie is in the jean shorts. She came down from Utah to be on staff. So fun to hang out with her again.


Some pictures of the wall climb area, a fun spot to be!


Faces throughout the day. Always smiling!


So cozy and peaceful up in among the pine trees and cabins


Dinner was really good. 
Pulled pork sandwich (no bun for me) and potato salad and watermelon and veggie cups. 



Some songs and routine before dinner

  

One of my favorite dinners! Taco salad/nacho plate and something new? What's this? Snickers Salad! Never had it before but man it was really very delicious. I may or may not have gone up early to snag a cup because I heard there was a limited number ;-)

 
All the girls doing the macarena. Haha!


 
A hairy leg contest. Super hilarious to watch!




Some skit funniness!


 
And some reminders from capers (cleaning) team



Camp presidency doing a skit of their own. So good! I probably took a video but Blogger isn't letting me upload it here for some reason. Might have to post it on YouTube and link it here in the future.



A slight love affair going on with one of the girls at camp and the CPR dummy. We were all rolling with laughter.


Some of rappelling staff talking and handing out something for the girls who came to the wall or rock


Girls did their dance party up in the lodge. I went and watched for a bit then went downstairs outside the craft cabin and tried to play games with the other adults. 


Now, I really do not like games that much. But I tried to play for a bit..just couldn't understand it so went back to watching. It's safer that way. I suck at any face card games. My friends Clayton and Heather taught my sister and I some when we all lived in Woodland/Davis but I've long forgotten them unfortunately.

Stay tuned for day 3!

No comments: