Wednesday, March 31, 2021

My Experience at Touch of Disney

 


I figured I needed to blog about this event at California Adventure called Touch of Disney sooner than later so I didn't forget any details. My friend Mari and I were able to go together which I was really happy about! We had limited days we could go but Thursday worked best for our schedules so I picked Mari up by 9:30 and we started the drive. It takes about 3 hours to get to Anaheim from Ridgecrest.  We stayed busy chatting pretty much the whole way. We did eat some beef jerky and I had some Pringles chips but didn't want to spoil my appetite for all the good food in the park.


It felt soo good to be back in California Adventure! This was the only side of the park open for the event. We got parked and into the park by about 12:45 and I was feeling super duper hungry. Not a good idea...


So...what I didn't know was that food would be so tricky to get. Sure, it's an event that has a lot of food (and alcohol) but I was not expecting to only be able to mobile order (at least from what I could tell) and wait over an hour to get the first taste of anything delicious. There may have been a popcorn or churro cart randomly placed but I wanted REAL food. So this was a struggle as we tried to understand that and how to use our $25 food cards and I may have gotten a little bit hangry as we walked around and waited for our time slot to pick up food.

This picture deserves its own spot on this post. This is the white cheddar mac and cheese from Golden Dreams. It has bacon and crumbles on top. Win win win. Mari and I shared this and I scarfed down my half. Soo very good!

At Smokejumpers Grill, I got to pick up my food at 3:15 but it took until 3:40 to get my food for some reason. I stood inside and waited for quite a while and there were only 2 people in front of me. You are not allowed to go in to get food until you show your phone screen to someone at the door that your order is "ready". So you can imagine how hangry I was! The s'more's shake was great but way too much for 1 person. I wish there had been an option to get it in 1/2 the size. I ate about half of it and called it quits. The half Monte Cristo sandwich was delicious but I could only eat half of the half by that point. A good one to share with a friend.

This was a fun spot for "Legacy Passholders" and I got a special magnet and pin as well. Thanks to Mari for taking this photo!

There were lots of nice photo areas set up for selfies and the photographers with nice cameras were out and about and more than willing to take pictures with fun poses as well.

Fun to see these again...

Loving seeing the flowers in bloom. Not sure I have been at this time of year before to see this! But it was so beautiful and a great spot for photos.

Somewhere I read there would be characters to get pictures of / with but I only saw a couple characters which was a bit disappointing.  They were up high or farther back, I guess to keep them safe but that was interesting. Maybe other people who go will see more characters, it would be interesting to know. 

As you can see from this picture, walking around was not super crowded. I felt very 'safe' and at ease about my health and safety in the park overall. 

Some more fun photos and reminiscing all over the park!

We were SO cold at the park. We both wore some layers and grabbed our jackets just in case we might need them. I am so glad we did that!  The weather was sunny sometimes, windy/breezy most of the time, and pretty overcast at times as well. I think jacket and sweatshirt sales were high in the park that day.

Got some fun pictures in the Cars Land area and went back in the evening when all the lights came on. A small crowd gathered but that but people seemed pretty respectful and distanced appropriately. 

So fun when the lights came on to get some evening shots

Got some great photos in Cars Land. They did a fantastic job with this year, it's so pretty!

Obligatory photo op

Mari shared her chicken skewer with me, that wasn't too bad. I didn't love the sauce and some people said in their review that the chicken tasted dry but mine was fine. I also ordered this Taco Duo and it was really very very good - Asian-style Beef Barbacoa Taco and Taco de Papa. An ordering win from Cocina Cucamonga Mexican Grill and compared to how long it took to get other food in the park, this was fairly quick.  

Welcome but goodbye as well! We had a few things to do in Downtown Disney such as get beignets! and the Churro Toffee and go to the Star Wars trading post store before heading back to Ridgecrest. I don't have pictures of too much of that since it was pretty dark by then. I think we left th park about 9pm and got home at midnight. Such a long day but overall very very fun. 

Let me know if you are going to Touch of Disney and any questions you might have! If you don't have questions and got to attend this event, let me know what one of your favorite parts was!