Friday, March 23, 2012

Chick on the Go!

Here's a catch up on some things I've been up to lately, mostly during the month of March + end of February. I still need to blog about Christmas and going to Vegas in January. Tisk.

 Went to free pancake day at iHop with Tony & my friend Celeste. These are my pancakes. They were tasty. We only had to wait about 20 min or so until we got a table. Not too bad for a busy evening!

 My good friend Heather who I met when I lived in CA, is married and has 3 kids. They were recently in town for a wedding on March 10th and during the wedding on Saturday I got to babysit for her! It was really fun. We watched Rio, did some drawing, played the Wii and they loved playing on my ipad, ipod touch and Tony's phone. Angry Birds seemed like the favorite game. Gave them snacks of popcorn, water, and applesauce. I hope they had fun, I'm so glad Tony stuck around to help entertain them. Thanks love!

 Laura & I got passes to check out the new Macy's at City Creek Mall a couple Saturday's ago. Despite having WAY too many sales people on the floor, it was fun to shop and use our coupons and we saw a flashmob and a fashion show, where the first kid was Jonah from Make A Wish, his family got a house built here in Utah last summer and I helped participate in that with Extreme Home Makeover. Too cool! The shirt above I saw, loved, tried on and decided it looked better on the hanger. Would possibly look better on me when I lose 20 lbs. 

 On St. Patricks day Sonic had free cream slushes so I went and got a cherry one, my favorite. So super good and I also got free fries at Burger King before going shopping at Kohls with my $10 off $10 coupon and at Plato's Closet where I sold a jacket and hat for $10 and bought a couple shirts and a hat. Haha!

Been working out the gym almost every night. We do good on Mon-Thursday but then Friday is date night and sometimes there are other things to go to besides working out and we rarely make it on Saturday and we never go on Sunday even though now that our old gym location has closed and the one we go to now IS open on Sunday , its just nice to take a break. Plus Tony has an elliptical downstairs if we ever have the desire to burn some extra calories. 

So that's what I've been up to for the most part lately - at least, things I had pictures for.
How about you?

2 comments:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

You are the queen of coupons, my dear! I can't even begin to tell you how happy I am that City Creek exists. It makes moving to Utah a bit more manageable for my city-girl self who loves to shop haha. Very cool that you got to check it out early :)

Also, that's so neat that your little nephew came home! He's such a cute baby.

Lucky Heather said...

My kids did have a great time. Lyd even asked if we could go back to "the babbysitter house". Thanks a million to you and Tony for watching them. It made things easier for me, and probably them too. I am sure they would have been bored out of their minds.