Sunday, March 26, 2023

ASD Show in Vegas ~ Day 1

 


This conference was new to me but my friend Marie has been before and has invited me a few times in the past but this year was the year to finally go to it. Crazy that the last time I met up with her and her husband was in January for CES and here we are getting to meet up again the next month. SO fun!

The drive out of Ridgecrest was a bit different since there had just been snow a few days prior! So many roads were closed and I was grateful I didn't have to get caught up in that. The roads were mostly dry and I didn't have to worry or slow down for the snow.

I arrived in Las Vegas Sunday evening and got settled into where I had been invited to stay on Spencer Street. Bless Mark's heart for helping me get my bags up the stairs and to our room. I was so excited to sleep on a Murphy bed again!


We went to Blueberry Hill for dinner. I am not sure how I have never been here before... this restaurant is open 24 hours and the menu was extensive. I really wanted to try the Noodle Meatball soup and I'm glad I did. I could have gotten a bigger bowl of it and been fine. But my eyes saw other foods on the menu that I knew I had to try. Plus the soup had onions in it unfortunately so I had to eat around those. But it went alright. 



I ordered this! Oh my. I always think I like this Hollandaise sauce and then I get it and am just like oh, okay. Maybe I feel like it doesn't have much flavor or something. But underneath that yellow sauce were 2 English muffins, 2 hashbrown-style pancakes, 2 slices of Canadian Bacon, and scrambled eggs. Plus a cup of fruit on the side. All so good, so filling, and this lasted me 2 more meals!

Moving on to the next morning...we left the room after a nice little breakfast with our rolling bags, snacks, and sandwiches for lunch.



Here we go!


The ASD show is for vendors to go and sell their items at wholesale prices to people who have shops, businesses, etc. Everything you could think of was located in the Las Vegas Convention Center. Clothing, jewelry, and accessories were the main items in this hall.



I saw these hats that I liked but they were never available for purchase.

Some booths did cash and carry items but all that pretty much happened on the last day.


Some cool items I found...fun owl bag (no need for this but it was a print I'd never seen before) and then how about that, cherries and pandas in the same photo!


The same booth with the cool bags also had these purses that looked like book covers. So unique!



This booth had tons and tons of jewelry. While it was very fun to look at, I only bought 1 thing.



We got to ride in a Tesla (for the Tesla Tunnel) over to the west hall where there were soo many booths and items. It was like Amazon in real life or something. It was crazy to me that there were people there who had their whole booth for sale. I have no idea how much booths were selling for but how wild is that. Go to ASD, buy a booth (like a mini store), and then continue to sell the items or pack them up and take them to wherever you are going to sell them next. Online? Your own store back home? 


Thanks to my friend Marie for the photo. This is the size of the tunnel we were in! It was so much faster to take the Tesla Tunnel than try to walk over here. 


A few snapshots of items that caught my eye.

This cool owl rolling bag. Sadly it had already sold by the time I saw it - see the blue tape?

This teal set of pans! So pretty.


Squishmallows - of course. Aren't you a fan? ;-)



Fun display items. The tree was neat because all those little white lights changed to different colors. I wish I could have that in my backyard!



These lights were SO beautiful. This style had gotten pushed way down in my thoughtosphere but every time I see these, I think about how gorgeous they are to look at and how much I'd like to own one. And with my luck, there was a section selling for 50% off so I got a deal on one. It was very very hard to decide which one to pick but the guys working at the booth (plus Marie and Mark) were patient with me while I hemmed and hawed about it. Lol. 


Just look how eye-catching and gorgeous these are!


Spotted every bird and owl...


These dishes were so pretty!


This is the one I ended up getting. Of course, I put it together that evening so we could all admire it.

After we walked our feet off at the ASD show, we decided we weren't done walking and we went to a Goodwill store and picked up some Aura Bora drinks for a taste-testing party. Stay tuned for that! We also swung by a Walmart for things like chips, queso dip, milk, and other essentials. 


No comments: