Friday, February 22, 2019

Sand Hollow Hot Air Balloon Event


Sand Hollow has a hot air balloon festival that we have never been to before. This is their 2nd year actually doing the event and I didn't know I'd actually be able to attend but because of a snowstorm in SLC that delayed me in leaving by a day or so, I actually was able to time it perfectly to arrive early Saturday morning in the area for the event.




I was able to stay the night in Enoch with friends on Friday night and I left about 6am to get to the area by 7am.


I got there so early because I thought it started at 7. Really, no balloons inflated and flew until after 8am for some reason. They could have been waiting for winds higher up. I'm not sure since I didn't get to go to the pilot briefing. 


Apparently, it was in the clubhouse on the golf course but nobody told me and by the time anyone said something, I figured I had missed it. 


There were not too many balloons here and some of the pilots drove aways away to even take off.
So, I ended up not crewing for anyone and just watched the balloons with a couple other ladies I ended up making friends with. 



It felt so weird not to help anyone launch their balloon though!




I was able to get quite a lot of good pictures









Time to get back on the road and head home.





Loving these colors, it's just so beautiful!




No comments: