Monday, April 1, 2019

Alt Summit Conference Recap


As soon as Tony & I got back from our teardrop camper meetup weekend, I repacked and headed to Palm Springs for Alt Summit. Talk about a quick turnaround!




Alt Summit is a big conference for influencers, bloggers, small business owners, etc. in Palm Springs. It used to be in Utah but the past few years it's been held in California. I kept missing the deadline to volunteer or else I just didn't think about it. Finally, the stars aligned, I applied and got in! Woohoo! The biggest deal with volunteering is that your conference ticket is free. Some of these conferences are very expensive and I try to keep costs of travel and attending things like this to a minimum so I am very grateful I could go for free. Especially with it being the first time and everything.


After a bit of a hassle to find the right Motel 6, I walked over to the Ace hotel (conviently right behind where I was staying) and attended a class but felt very out of place. I didn't know anyone or anything and the class I went to was not exactly on the topic I thought it would be. Oh well!



I went over to the Saguaro hotel for my conference pass, a newbies meet and greet (nobody really talked to me so I left after a few minutes and grabbing a free face mask)


Standing outside waiting for my roomies to pick me up.


Here we are! Sadly, the girl in the middle, Alaia, changed her mind about staying so it was just me and Aubrey (far right). The 4th girl totally bailed on us, refused to pay for at least one of her nights and tried to bring 2 extra people with her when there really was not room at all. We could have done 4 people in the room but the fact that she was trying to change plans and bring up all these other things that were not even relevant, trying to get out of it, really made us upset. I am glad I did not run in to her the rest of the week to be honest.


The 3 of us did go to dinner at Peppers Thai - thanks to Alaia for driving - and we got to know each other a bit and shared some good Thai food. I got the pineapple curry and Alaia had some too. We managed to finish it all!

Back at the motel, we found bugs in the room (well, the other 2 did before I saw them), we ended up switching rooms, saying goodbye to Alaia and calling it a night. Here's to hoping day 2 goes better..

No comments: