Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Beach Day





The beach vs. the mountains, I just can't decide which I love more. Who says I have to take sides anyway? Since there are not really any mountains where I am at in CA, I will go to the beach instead. I do miss the mountains in Utah a lot but luckily its just a 10 hour drive and when I go, it can be for longer than just a weekend, usually, so it's sort of like the best of both worlds in a way.


Last weekend we stayed around the house on Friday and got a lot of projects done so on Saturday we drove 3'ish hours to a beach in Santa Monica. We walked around downtown, got lunch, people watched, laid in the sun and walked in the sand. So great! It was nice just to chill and not have to rush to be anywhere.

Here are some of the pictures I took... 


 


So happy with his bread bowl of clam chowder


I just love the teal color on this building

This parking garage had a neat design on it



We ended the day by finding a restaurant called Honduras Kitchen. Check out our adventure there, here

Also on the way home, we tried to find a Ralph's grocery store (Kroger) but it was 365 (a line of Whole Foods stores) and so we opted for Winco in the Palmdale area on our way home. So much better prices than Ridgecrest!

No comments: