Friday, August 19, 2016

A Weekend With Tony

Since Tony has every other Friday off from work he rents a car and drives to Utah to hang out and do stuff with me for the weekend. I love it! He usually can leave work in the early afternoon on Thursday and gets in by midnight or so that night to Salt Lake. I have to work on Friday but that gives him time to do errands or pack some stuff or take boxes to our storage unit. 


Friday nights we've been able to go to movies in the park again.


 


On Saturday we woke up around 6:30am to go see the hot air 
balloons in Sandy.











After the balloons all took off we headed home and then I went garage sale'ing with Laura for a bit around Salt Lake before I dropped her off at work. 

I had tried to keep our afternoon plans open and flexible. Tony ended up working on his truck for about 5 hours so I worked on packing and cleaning up things in our place.


Then we headed up to a Yelp event in Big Cottonwood Canyon!


I was pretty bummed not to be able to camp with everyone for the weekend but it just didn't work out to do it. It looked and sounded really fun. I'm glad we got to go up for dinner though!






An intense game of jenga!


We didn't stay for the s'mores bar (sad day!) because I wanted to get down to Sandy for the balloon glow. And we made it!






I guess you can really tell what balloon I'm loving right now


At this point Tony was so exhausted and I had to drive us home. But before we left I got to see my friend Jennifer and her family. We don't see each other super often even though we live down the street from each other so we talked a mile a minute to catch up before we started heading out. 



Such a fun day with lots going on. We both slept so well that night!

No comments: