Monday, August 13, 2012

Worth Waking Up For


Every year at the end of summer, the city of Sandy hosts a hot air balloon festival. We went to it last year and I was really looking forward to it this year. Glad we were in town to go!  Friday & Saturday morning at 7am and 730am there is a balloon launch if the weather is good. Tony & I got up early Saturday morning and rode his motorcycle over to the park where balloons were starting to fill up. I'm glad we took his bike, we got a parking spot right in front of all the action.


















This guy was so brave to be attached to the balloon in just a chair - no basket! I'd never seen such a thing. Even last year in New Mexico at the balloon festival.



So pretty in the sky



I thought the clouds added a nice effect

This was one of my favorites!

I'm in no way shape or form a morning person. Never have been and probably never will be. Hot air balloons though, are def. worth getting up early for!

No comments: