Monday, July 30, 2012

Olympics Opening Ceremonies Party!

I love when the Olympics come on TV, doesnt matter if it is the winter or summer games. I knew we were going to be watching it and thought we should invite a few friends over to make a party out of it. In the end only 2 couples came, others were not able to make it & some did not even bother to respond. Sucks for them because those who did come + us, we all had such a good time!

Bought some stars that hang from that ceiling and a patriotic tablecloth & balloons

My friend Becca gave me this idea on her blog after her husband did this for their little boy's 1st birthday. Looked really cool. I dont know that mine turned out looking as good as theirs but overall I think it turned out okay.

Gotta have some fun treats! Got these gummies at WinCo

I almost made blue frosting but the flags add a touch of blue. Tony made the cupcakes and I frosted them.

Got this idea off Pinterest! I am a little surprised it actually worked. Tony turned in to a pro at making one for everyone. Bottom is cranberry juice but you can also use fruit punch, the blue is Gatorade, the top is Sonic ice with diet 7-Up.

Party is not complete with out goodie bags filled with candies and noisemakers

Tony also made kalua pork thanks to my friend Chris R. in AZ for the recipe! with white rice. It was pretty delicious. Heidi & Andrew who are in our ward bought a yummy dish that was rice, chicken and brocolli and our friends Lindsay & Garrett brought chips and salsa. Laura came at the end pretty much to drop off a fruit pizza that she made at the request of Tony & I. Too bad she was not able to come watch the Olympics with us!

All in all it was a great time!

6 comments:

Sean and Deana said...

You are such a good host! Looks like a fun time. I love the olympics. The opening ceremonies were a bit weird though haha.

Stacie S-H said...

Yea, there were some really weird parts! Ah well. Its always interesting to see what the hosting country comes up with to share w/the world

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

So fun! You are really the best party planner. I love all the little details! Can I come to a party soon? Pretty please :)?

Stacie S-H said...

Aw, thanks Ashley! I am impressed with the past parties you have posted on your blog . They look so perfect! Since you'll be in UT eventually I will def. have to invite you to a Pinterest party or something!

luvdoctorlibbie said...

I have a lot to say about this post. First of all, I hate when people don't respond to invitations!

Secondly, I went to my mom's house for the opening games, but our party was not as cool as yours. She's on a paleo diet where she pretty much only eats meat, so she ordered cheesy bread for dinner to celebrate (no pizza even!).

The last thing I have to say is that I am impressed by the patriotic drinks you made! I saw a lot of those online that didn't work out for people and ended up purple.

Stacie S-H said...

Thanks for the blog comment! Bummer about no pizza...just ...meat and breadsticks? You should have come to my party! Lol. Too bad we are in different states now. I'm so glad the drink worked out, it seemed to work best when they were all cold