Wednesday, September 25, 2019

TruReligion Restaurant Experience

Cool floor!
S'mores hot chocolate!

My friend Nessa and I met up for lunch on my way out of Utah on Monday. This restaurant looked to have a good selection on their menu online and when I called (I got a late start) and asked how quick their service was, I was told we could just tell our waiter we were in a bit of a hurry (school pick-up!) and they could put a rush on our food.
I should have known after we got seated that our waiter would not be the quickest. He took an unusually long time to get our drinks ( I just got water ) and didn't notice we had no utensils until after we had gotten our food and said something. 

 

At first glance, this looks pretty good. Fruit crepe and thick cut bacon, scrambled eggs and hash browns. But...no...


The crepe was probably the best thing on my plate. I asked what crepe he suggested and he said the fruit one and listed all the fruits it came with, including banana slices. I got no bananas. I also got some stems of blueberries in my mouth which makes for a less than pleasant experience.


Scrambled eggs was what I had asked for and I got a scrambled ...egg. Doable but not terribly exciting.


I also noticed bluish/gray/black on my eggs. Not sure what this was from but didn't make me very comfortable eating it. I did not tell the waiter when I saw it because of the time crunch we were in and I didnt want to make an issue of it. But honestly, I should have said something because I paid for food (this was $11.99) that wasn't edible to me.


Another look at the egg. I didn't even bother taking it home.

He brought 2 to go boxes and my friend needed 2 (she got the Monte Cristo and chocolate chip pancakes for her daughter) so I ended up without one. I only really wanted to take my bacon (which was super greasy) but I ended up finishing it.

The hashbrowns tasted like they were coated in something. I told my sister about it and her husband used to own a Peruvian restaurant with his sisters and she said it sounds like they just cooked them in oil sitting in a pan from earlier in the day. Ew. No wonder they didnt taste good. I dont know. I'm used to crispy hashbrowns not soaked in oil.

My friend had a 3 year old she was doing her best to keep entertained. On our way out, I saw a big red phone booth inside across from the counter and it was full of coloring pages and crayons. Not sure why our waiter didnt bring a set over to us for her daughter to color with. I honestly didn't know it was there until we were done.

So...food was kinda no bueno but there are other things on the menu I'd love to go back and try that sounded good. I think I'd give it one more chance even after all of this.

The last thing is, our waiter knew we were in a hurry, didn't bring the food out until roughly 20 minutes before my friend had to leave to pick up her other daughter from school so we ended up taking our receipts up to the counter and paying there.  I didn't even want to leave a tip. Sigh.

Let me know if you've had a better experience eating here!

No comments: