Friday, January 11, 2019

CES 2019 - Day 2!!


Here we go, oh-lay, oh-lay...yea, I'm weird. But also super excited to get to Day 2 of CES. There is still SO much left to see and do and we haven't even been to the main convention center yet which is making me slightly anxious but we will be covering that area all day Thursday and Friday.



Charge up to 3 devices at once. Nifty gadget! It also has another base you can put the panels on and it gives you 5 places to charge things on as well as a light and a alarm clock.


Organize your pills with reminders. Pretty cool if you need it!


I SPY AN OWL!


IN LOVE with this camera. Omgosh.

JollyLook for $59. You can buy it on their website here



Somehow I have lost the information to this and I'm pretty devastated about that but I will keep looking. I'm sure I have it, just don't know what 'safe place' I put it, yanno? This company was from the UK I believe and this ring works with an app and you can change the colors in the ring to match your outfit. You can do one color or multiple colors. I thought it was pretty nifty!


Meet the creators of the FlipStik - Malcom and Martin Penton! Twins from Chicago, they were really humble, down to earth and kind. They created this really cool back you put on your phone and you can stick your phone to wood, glass, metal, brick, anything with a fairly smooth surface. This is handy  


I'm going to be doing a video and more information on this soon, probably later in the month after I get back from another conference next week. I loved this FlipStik so much that I bought one on the spot. Mostly you cannot buy things at CES but occasionally you can. I'm so glad I didn't have to wait to get one shipped to me!


This company creates tags you can stick on your phone so if you lose your phone or walk far from it, you will get an alert. It brings up a map with GPS and a real-time view of where your phone is at. I thought it was really cool and most of these tags are pretty thin so it wouldnt take up much room on your phone. I'm not a forgetful person but if I was, I'd be all over this even more than I already am at the moment.



Drones that won't break! and if you manage to, they will replace it for free.


Solar oven cooking - cool idea to slide your food out on the side. I remember making an oatmeal container solar oven as a kid and cooking simple things in it. I'm sure there is a picture somewhere of that, I'll have to find it.


The backpack on the left you can send pictures and words to.
The backpack on the right is geared towards bikers and when you click a button you can have the lights blink to signal to cars around you that you are turning right or left.


Nano Leaf lights were at CES again. I just love these things!


This light was neat because you could pull that bottom cord down and it would turn off the light. So magical how it was standing straight up in the air to almost connect to the other red string with wood pull on it.


I'm not sure how I feel about this device because it seems very similar to something AirMoji came out with recently. But, it was fun to check out! Spread scents through your home with an app that you can schedule with and determine which and how much of each scent you want escape the pod.


Loving this smart Sconce light because why? Not only can you control it with your phone and adjust the brightness and colors but one of the designs is birds! As you can see in the picture below.


Of course, I am loving the owl one!


Stay safe in an emergency with these lights that the American Red Cross has for when there is a blackout. Connects to your smart home features and has 16 million colors you can have it light up with, it's WiFi connected, emergency light and more.


I also liked this rugged radio.


More smart items for your home! I noticed this in the last few years but this year they are pushing that these things are connected to your Google Home or Amazon Alexa. 



LOVED this way to print pictures on your nails. Starting at $499 it could be yours at CES!


I was the only girl playing Mario Kart against 7 other guys up on a stage. It was interesting and fun. I have never played on a Nintendo Switch before but I figured out the buttons pretty fast and even though I got 11 and 12 places out of 4 rounds, I had a great time.  I haven't played this game since the Wii so I kept wanting to turn the controller instead of using the joystick. Funny but I finally stopped trying to turn the controller as much with my hands. It did make my thumbs tired but I was probably gripping the Switch pretty tight.



Oooh. Aaah.




One last cute thing before we left the building! This luggage wiggled its ears and lit up with a heart. Super cute and I loved the color options.


Collected this swag throughout the day. Not too shabby! Most of it I will not use and I'll give it to nieces and nephews but some of it I will. I'll eat that chocolate. Tony will get that shirt. We'll use the VR glasses and I'll eat the mints and keep the pins, stickers, wall charger cover and a few other items.

Stay tuned for day 3! I know I am one day behind but I've been staying up until 4am, too excited to sleep and it's starting to give my throat a tickle so I'm headed to bed at 12:15 instead in hopes of getting some extra rest before the last day and the drive home.

No comments: