Saturday, April 28, 2018

Sandy, South & West Jordan



I was able to join my family at the Jordan River temple open house on Thursday morning before I needed to head to the Sandy Expo Center to help set up for the Let's Create Expo.



As usual, I was late again but just by a few minutes and once I arrived we went in and started our tour. It was cool to walk in to a tent area before the temple and have volunteers sitting in rows of chairs, bend down to put white shoe coverings over our shoes. They were singing as they worked. Kinda a neat part of the experience.

Reese, age 3.5

Once inside the temple we were pretty much on a self guided tour. Unfortunately we are not allowed to take pictures but in the celestial room that chandelier is one of the favorites I've ever seen. This is the temple Tony and I were assigned to go to for our stake when we lived in Midvale. So we'd been inside a handful of times and it did look a lot different to me.



After saying goodbye to my parents and my brother Evan, I went to Sandy and started helping at the Tall Mouse booth from 11-4pm. We got a lot done!


It was fun to use the pricing gun to label product.


At this point on my time in Utah, I started to feel so tired. Maybe all the staying up late, getting up early and go go go was catching up with me. 
This is def. one of my tired faces here. 


Tall Mouse carries soo much cute crafty stuff, I can't even!


This is just a fraction of it. We did set up on Thursday and the show ran 
all day Friday and Saturday.


Time for dinner at a new place with one of my former Tai Pan Trading coworkers...


There was nobody really here when I arrived. By the time we left, a few tables were full.


Unlike the place Tony & I ate at for our anniversary outside of San Diego, it was only $20 or so for the both of us. Phew! We added corn, potatoes and carrots to the broth for $1/each. Free refills on the broth. We each bought a plate of seasoned chicken to cook outside of the soup and I bought an edamame appetizer. Soo good and only $1.50 for a small bowl which we finished off, barely.


Our soup and meat cooking on the left and finished soup on the right. We did add one serving of glass noodles to our soup. 


Last stop for the day was to my friend Melissa's house for a Pinterest party.



You can read all about it here

Thanks for reading!

No comments: