Tuesday, January 16, 2018

CES 2018 - Day 2

!



Day 2 of CES and I was ready to walk and walk. We decided to explore the Sands Convention Center upstairs first and then catch a shuttle to the main convention center. 



We stayed in a nice hotel the first night, I will post pics and more details of that later!


We were going to wait in this line to win something from Google but the wait was an hour and a half or longer and we decided since it was Marie and Mark's last day to walk around and see stuff, that we'd not do the line this time. Too bad though because we heard later that the machine stopped working and they gave everyone a beanie. Ah!


This treadmill was very cool. I was more interested in the design of it than the actual setup/program. You pay for a membership - commit to it for a year - and after that you can decide if you want to keep it or not. If you dont keep it then they just leave you a couple different workouts but the rep said it gets pretty boring after too long. I liked the compact size and that the treadmill walking part was all covered up.



This device looked interesting and I would have liked to talk to the rep but he had a group around him and looked like he might be awhile so I grabbed some information and kept moving.



Love my Pebble watch but always interested to see what else is out there. 


This was kind of creepy but I liked that you could project on a wall or ceiling. 




Fun bluetooth speakers!


Watched a cool demo of sliding a picture off its original backing and on to another one.
Then owls, always the owls. 


Took a DNA test!
Took an eye test!



Glad that my eyesight is doing just fine according to this 'at home eye test' system


Fun massage chairs for kids!


These chairs are so tempting. If I owned one then I wouldn't ever get anything else done. Haha


It was all about the teardrop here (to all the people who came to check out the booth) but sadly the guy who knew all about this had stepped away. The booth was really trying to advertise flexible solar panels. 


Loved the inside and outside of this whole set up



These panels you can use to customize any space. I also talked to a man from Hawaii who came and stood way too close to me and told me about some underwater drone he had and went on and on about and it was all pretty much over my head. It ended with him telling me his address and saying to look him up if I ever came to Hawaii and that I'd have a place to stay. What the what?! Such a strange experience. 



I was a huge fan of this PowerCube and of course I also found a panda! Haha



Games to play! Skeeball from the Amazon Treasure Truck on the right and a fun music game on the left that was pretty sweet and had to do with music and mixing sounds like a DJ.


Google had a huge set up outside and gave out pizza each afternoon from Dominos. I've never been so well fed at CES and I also have never stood in so many lines, more about that later!


Tried to win an Insta360 camera but no luck. Maybe someday!


Super flat TV's! So flat! Like a piece of paper! All the innards of the TV are below the TV.


Trying on a real space suit!


Marie, Mark and I trying on some cool sunglasses with built in headphones


I wanted to go back to this booth but never got the chance. I think my 3 year old nephew would love this little electronic owl.


We had decided to park at the Palazzo/Sands parking lot, in that area, and it took us a bit over 2 hours to get out of the parking garage. This guy, I thought he was going to hit my car and I jumped out and confronted him. He had a backup camera, thank goodness. The sound of so many car horns honking is still fresh in my head. Some nice people. Some rude people. We eventually made it out but had to miss our dinner plans at Luxor and we picked up our luggage we'd left at the hotel and I dropped my friends off at the airport. 

Next time, if we park in the garage again, we wont plan on going anywhere for awhile and just walk somewhere for dinner or eat at the hotel we parked in.

No comments: