Sunday, February 24, 2013

Girls Night Out with University of Utah Health Care Center

On Thursday night out at the University of Utah Health Care Center in Daybreak, they had a Girls Night out so I invited a few friends to go and we had a blast! Honestly it turned out to be way more fun than I thought it would be but I didnt really know what to expect. It was from 630 to 830 and we got there right about 630. There were already so many people there!


Started out with some sparkling cider & sprite

So much delicious food - wow!



My sister Laura & I

I love eating food on a stick. This was cheese, a tomato and some chicken

How fancy is this?! Wow

After we walked around a bit and ate some food, we got to hear the keynote speaker, Mary Nickles speak about her journey with breast cancer. 

There were a lot of raffles to enter, professionals to talk to, free massages, free cooking demonstration, free eye exam, women's self defense class...so many things! 

Lindsay & Laura waiting for the self defense class to start

The view from above down to where the keynote speaker had presented. Such a pretty set-up!


Learned a lot from the owner of OPSGear in North Salt Lake, David, on some simple self-defense techniques. It was very interesting and he even will come teach groups of scouts, Relief Society , Young Women, etc. Having an attendance of at least 30+ is preferable  I thought that was really cool and think it would be awesome to have him come on a Tuesday night for mutual with the youth.

The night was over all too fast. Great event & I'm so glad my friends and I could go!

No comments: