Thursday, August 19, 2010

'Ventures in Vegas

My cousins invited me to go to Vegas with them and my boss let me take a Friday off work so last Thursday evening we took off from Arizona & we got to our hotel where we were staying - the Excalibur - about 1230pm or so at night. We had stopped to get food along the way along with a stop for gas but the drive was really not too bad. Paul & Rene's friends April & her husband Mike were coming to Vegas from Hawaii because he had a custom Harley built and he was going to check it out before it got shipped to Hawaii plus they had never been in Vegas before! So that was fun :)


Found some crazy long tubes of candy at one of our stops!


We stayed here in the castle for the nights we were there which was Thursday, Fri, Sat and we left on Sunday. I suppose there was a good deal gotten on our room but it was not really that clean! I wrote a review on Yelp.com about it...

Checking out the coke store. Found a sweet Cherry Coke hat which I did not buy but I did buy to try the cherry limeade icee ice cream float! Say that 5x's fast!





Saw some famous baseball players...


Took the monorail/train back to our hotel


and spent the afternoon relaxing and swimming before we headed out to dinner


We went to the Hard Rock Cafe for dinner. My salad was HUGE! There was a cool interactive wall display but I didnt touch it because of, you guessed it, soo many germs.Lol. Sick.

 After dinner we walked down the strip a little, then we parted ways and the parents went to check out some bars while Joey & I went to Gameworks and played games for an hour or so before heading back to the hotel. It was pretty fun even though some of the games didnt work and I played one I didnt like with giant spiders! But the rest were cool and it was a fun way to spend an evening in Vegas.

 Hot Air Balloons - my favorite fetish [besides birds, cherries, Sacramento Kings, traveling, etc]


A bunch of random Vegas pix from Saturday





I GOT TO HOLD PARROTS AT THE FLAMINGO HOTEL/MARGARITAVILLE. IT WAS SOOO COOL! Sorry for shouting. I was just so excited!!!!



Uhh the server is rejecting the rest of my awesome pictures! nooo!! I will try to upload them later. If anyone knows why it might be rejecting them, let me know. Gracias!

2 comments:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

It looks like you had such a blast! I love how you captured all of the vibrant Vegas colors in this post. And can we talk for a minute about how much I love the M&M world? That is a dangerous, dangerous, delicious place.

Ashley Gilbert said...

I am jealous !! I went to Vegas once but only for a day for a wedding and didn't have enough time to see everything I wanted to see. :) I love your new blog header and title. Cute !!