Thursday, November 21, 2019

BlogHer Biz Event - LA


I finally made it off the waitlist (thank you Megan!) the day before this BlogHer event and so that changed mine and Tony's plans for the day and I ended up driving solo to L.A. One of my least favorite things to do but usually worth it.  The drive was not so bad until I got closer to Santa Monica.

What was worse? THE PARKING. The email from BlogHer gave 3 suggestions of parking garages but I struck out with a couple of them so I tried to find street parking. Had to send Tony some pictures because the signs are so confusing, at least to me. Luckily I had decided to message my friend Megan and she was arriving close to the same time I was and sent me the address for the parking garage she was parking in. PHEW! We were able to park and walk together to the event.


I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am not sure how people live and get around in LA because parking is such a pain, there's rarely free parking, it's just so expensive!


Walked in and sat on the floor at first because pretty much all the seats were taken.
We missed the first hour of the conference since we had gotten there around 10am but with parking and walking to the venue, all that ate up so much time so we arrived closer to 11am. Eek.


Enjoyed some spotlight talks, discussions, lessons and chats.

Here's a good list of all the people who spoke in case you are interested.


How to Have the (Money) Talk | A discussion on how to have empowered conversations around money and tips for owning your finances at all stages of life.

Thanks to my new friend Debbie who I met in the men's bathroom (teehee) and we talked some and I found out she used to live in Utah! Now she lives in California and she was incredibly nice. I wish we could have spent more time together but we made the most of it the best we could. Hopefully I'll get to see her again sometime. 


Lemonade sponsored the lunch and I didn't get in line very quick - oops - so I got a vegan lunch, which was interesting. I mainly pulled the meat out of my sandwich, that was yummy. The potato chips were good, the lemonade of course! and the cup of tomatoes and avocado was so good.


Hung out with my friend Megan and her friend Elise while we ate. Felt so nice to have friends and to be included!


Discussion with Tika Sumpter and Karin Gist


Build Your Brand Blueprint | Learn how to define and refine your unique brand voice, create a style guide and implement best brand building strategies

The Future is Female Founded | These entrepreneurs will share lessons on how to launch a business, including product development, funding and distribution

Mochi ice cream is one of my favorite types! I dont even know how I discovered it but it happened when I was living in Utah. So glad I found it because it's way good. This Bubbies company brought the ice cream and yes, I hope I can try it again soon.  I did prefer the dough vs the cookie dough flavored ones. The blood orange was my absolute favorite!


Nice seating area outside for eating and/or networking


Got some fun photos outside with Elise and Megan!
They're so fun!



Back inside to wrap up the rest of the day



YES, thank you sponsors! It was so nice to get product from you, meet some of you & I look forward to seeing you more and using what you offer in the future!

**If anyone would like my notes from the event, leave me a comment with how I can get them to you and I'll send them over.**

No comments: