Sunday, May 12, 2019

Disneyland Week - Let's Go!

A week? Oh yes, pretty much...almost a whole week! I didn't think I could survive 3 days in a row at Disneyland after going last June and running myself ragged. The MaxPass is a huge time saver on your feet and waiting in lines. We got on soo many rides, it was for sure worth it! Here are some fun pictures from my trip, starting with Monday.

Some back story first, I was invited to meet up with my sister and her family who live in Washington, when they came out to go to Disneyland for a couple weeks. Yep - a couple weeks! They started out with a pass for a few days then upgraded to a year pass that included the MaxPass with it. This trip has been planned for a year or so and I was super stoked that it finally was happening! I haven't seen this particular sister and her family for a couple years...far too long!



I first met up in California Adventure with everyone. My niece Aubrey, attached herself to me right away which was so adorable and slightly exhausting but really, not bad at all and pretty fun. We did lots of rides together including some I have never been on!


This fun game - how have I never done it?

We didn't spend too long in the park (by the time I got there) because we had tickets to go to a pirate-themed dinner show by Knottsberry Farm in the evening. About 7 miles away and I was happy to drive everyone over in my car.  More about that in a separate post.

TUESDAY


We spent the day in Disneyland. Actually got on the Peter Pan ride! Why it has a line forever long I'll never know but we jumped in line first thing as soon as the park opened and didn't have to wait too long to get on the ride. Very fun!


Riding the carousel together.
We had to kind of spread out to all get a horse to ride on.


Looking through the squiggly window
Mr. Toad's wild ride


It was hard to get pictures of the rides we went on, esp. when they were all dark inside


Such a cutie with her 3D glasses on


Hyperspace Mountain? SO FUN even though it was a bit jarring. Loved the Star Wars effects.


Hailey and her mom (my sister Julianne) on a ride together
A S'Mores dessert at the Galactic Grill in Tomorrowland. So good I got it twice on the trip


Getting to meet some of the Star Wars characters...


Riding a ride with Aubrey and Hailey. We could usually fit on one seat together and Julianne and Shawn were able to sit on a seat together instead of splitting up to each sit with a kid. So nice for them. I love being the fun aunt. Haha


Another ride I've never done, by the teacups. 


Nice view when we were higher on the ride


Saw Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dum! Never seent hem at the park before so that was real cool. 



Tried a Mickey Mouse Pretzel (not sure I've ever gotten one before). It was alright but I prefer Aunt Annie's or similar since I feel like they are softer.

There was also a guy playing tunes on the Ragtime piano. Pretty awesome!

'

Made it over to the island - for the first time ever (that I remember) and it was fun to explore!




Sat and watched a show. Was nice to rest my feet even though they were not super tired.
Going with kids you don't have to go quite as fast as you do with people your age. I liked going a bit slower, more time for pictures, not as much rushing.


We also sat and watched a show in Frontierland. Shawn ordered chicken strips, fries and large waters for us to share. Totally hit the spot (esp the waters) and was a nice place to sit and rest again. 


Fun with Snapchat filters while waiting in line.


Love the street decorations
Hailey found these hidden mickeys on the tree holders
Taking the tram outside the park. We were tired! Stayed in an Airbnb about a 5-minute walk to Downtown Disney so that was super convenient. 

Stay tuned for more fun!

No comments: