Wednesday, January 9, 2019

CES 2019 - Day 1!



Day 1 of CES is in the books! I got a bit of a late start on Tuesday because I dont know..that's just what happened. I wanted to get on the road by 8:30am. Then 8:40. Gave up and decided 9 would be okay. Suddenly it was 9:15 or so and I was rolling out of the driveway. SMH. But! In the end it worked out perfectly. My friend from Sacramento flew in around 12:15, got her luggage, waited in a line for her CES badge and was ready for me when I arrived at 1pm to pick her up. Yay!




I took a few pictures of cool things that were interesting and got some card and flyer information and a little bit of free swag. Not too shabby for only having 3 hours until the show floor closed. We got a shuttle from our place to the Tropicana then over to the Sands/Venetian. Perfect! It was nice not to have to find parking or pay for it. All the shuttle rides were free.


This kinetic sand was really cool. The lower areas were colored like water and higher was like land and mountain colors. As you moved the sand around, a sensor made the sand look like it was changing colors. This is supposed to help people with anxiety, a controlled breathing exercise to help you calm down and focus. It was really neat to watch the colors change and it also helps people as a coping skill.


This would be fun to have at an event, basically, you could get your photo taken and I suppose it spits out 3 little pictures for you maybe. They were not demoing it when I walked by.


These sleep masks help you meditate and sleep/nap (power nap!) training.  Can be for kids but mostly adults. I thought the design was cool and there are push buttons that allow options for sound and vibrations. Interesting concept and will be out in a couple months (so funny, lots of people told us this!)


I actually stopped at this booth because I noticed a guy walking by and his badge said he was from Sandy, Utah. Since I lived in Utah for 5 years, anytime I see someone from Utah (that is noticeable with a name tag, ha!) I like to strike up a conversation. The guy I briefly talked to said, our booth is right over there and pointed a few booths away so I went to check it out. It's a portable charger with a tracker inside - so super cool!


Loved this concept - especially for more shady places in Ridgecrest however I believe it will be torn apart by the wind. And it takes 3 years for the tree to grow. So..that's a bit of time. The girl showed us the material and it seemed strong but...I just am super doubtful with how crazy the winds get where I live.


I saw quite a few robots geared toward kids. I am not sure how I feel about it because it almost seems that parents will use this to replace themselves as being the parent. Like this Codi robot, can read stories, remind kids to do chores or to brush their teeth, etc. Nono. Parents need to be parenting and doing this. But I can't know everyone's situations. I just would hate to see this become a replacement for things parents should be doing and interacting with their kids.



You can charge your phone wireless or plug it in. It has a USB C, Android and iPhone hookups. Motion sensor light. A clock with alarm and I think the weather. The light can be adjusted in brightness and can swivel to aim towards where you need it to go. So freekin cool and it doesn't take up too much nightstand space.

That's a wrap for day 1 ...stay tuned for day 2. It will be a LOT more because we will be getting there much earlier to start the day.

No comments: