Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Wildflower Festival Alta Ski Resort


Headed up to Alta Ski resort for the Wildflower Festival. I was in Utah last year for this and it was so fun! I took my nephews and my friend Karina and we had a fun easy hike. This year was no different in the hiking category but the friends who were able to go with me were different this time around.



My friend Suzie and I with her youngest, Juniper. 

I didn't get a photo of the whole family but her husband and other two girls were with us also. I met Suzie up at Camp Ritchie actually for the YSA weekend where they go to clean up the camp and get it ready for winter. This feels like forever ago now! I was dating Tony and Suzie was dating a different guy I think. My sister Laura went and my friend Ashley. It was such a fantastic weekend and I'm so glad to keep in touch with Suzie and  Ashley still today.


The drive up was beautiful. I was wary of my car being able to make it...come on, Honda CRV, work your magic! I got in to the 220's for the coolant level and when it gets to 230 the overheating needle starts to go up and I really did not want to have to pull over and wait for the car to cool down. That'd take too long!


Luckily the car made it, barely.


We stopped to check out a few exhibits going on, have a bathroom break, fill our water bottles and eat some lunch. Thanks to Suzie and her family for sharing some of their food!






The views were just so pretty!



Great weather for snapping some fun photos













No comments: