Monday, July 16, 2018

Disneyland Fun Day 1


I can't believe I have not been to Disneyland since 2012. Tony and I had been married for 1 year and I wanted to go and so I saved up the money and we took a trip from Salt lake to  Anaheim and had the best time ever. After that we got really busy with school, work, weekend roadtrips and just life in Utah. Fast forward to 2018 and we've lived in California for almost 2 years but have never taken the opportunity to go even though we are a couple hours away. Oh the horror!


My friend Jessica posted on Facebook a few months ago that her year pass was expiring and she would be in California (she lives and works in Alaska right now) to use up her pass the last week of June. She asked if any friends wanted to join her, nobody had said anything when I saw her post and I thought, why not? Tony isn't a huge fan of Disneyland really and it kinda sucks to go solo so...I said I'd go. The time went slow and fast at the same time but finally it came down to the trip being a few days away. We were in Panguitch, Utah for a hot air balloon festival and were driving back on Sunday. I was due to drive to Long Beach (where Jessica was staying) Sunday night but the thought of another long'ish (4 hours) drive was exhausting me when I thought about it so Jessica said, just come Monday. It worked out perfect.


Her family and grandma (whose house I got to stay at) were so kind! Her grandma dropped us off and picked us up from Disneyland on Tuesday and Wednesday. I drove myself on Thursday since I was going home that evening. Super duper kind of her grandma to take that on. She lives about 20'ish minutes from Disneyland but still!


Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs


Of course I would find owls at Disneyland.


So excited she got to be the main driver on the Indiana Jones ride.
She really played the part well and she got us out fairly safely.


Haunted Mansion was a must-do ride.
Good memories of my dad and I going on this ride together.
Hard to get pictures but if you've gone, you get the idea probably.



How have I never tried these foods at Disneyland??!!


I was worried about crowds and slightly dreading going in June but we never waited more than 20 minutes or so to get on a ride. We got lots of fast passes and had Jessica's outstanding planning!



Some fries for lunch


It was so hot in the afternoon and our feet were hurting just a bit so we went and saw the Frozen production. It was actually really good! A great place to sit down, rest + enjoy some ac.





Spent some time in California Adventure


Loving the Cars Land rides


In the evening we rode the swings. I don't recall ever going on this ride before!

   

Soarin' was definitley one of our favorite rides and I think we went on it a total of 4 times while in California Adventure. I did not realize it had changed and was bummed out a bit about that but overall I think they did a great job with the changes that were made.



On the Star Tours ride and we had so much leg room - see!?


First row, heck yes.

We left the park at 11pm - exhausted! At least, I was. 
So far so good for day 1!



1 comment:

maydavid said...

its very nice post and also informative thanks for sharing this amazing post.