Monday, June 25, 2018

Fourth of July Traditions


I'm a big believer of traditions, especially when holidays are involved. Traditions include activities, food and of course, outfits. July is the best month to wear a lot of red, white and blue.


4th of July flag raising ceremony in Ridgecrest, CA

As a kid for the 4th, we always went to the front lawn of our church building for a flag raising ceremony, patriotic hymns and a breakfast. There was a few years where the breakfast was more of a snack so my dad started taking us kids to go get donuts afterwards at a donut shop near our house. 



To this day I go get a donut on the 4th of July because, tradition.


Depending on what state I have lived in, I usually prefer to not be home for holidays. It's always exciting to hit the road and take a trip to see family and celebrate with them.


Hot air balloons at the Freedom Festival in Provo is soo worth going to! I'm not a morning person at all but some things are just worth getting up early for.
 

Filling our bellies with yummy food

One year we were up in Idaho with our families for the 4th and they did a bike decorating contest, bike parade, some speakers, music and ...breakfast!



Then we went over to my sister's place in Nampa and joined them for a parade.

That was pretty entertaining in a small, Idaho town. 


In the afternoon it is hot hot hot so we opt for seeing a movie or swimming. Usually the movie wins out since it's easier to find a theater than a pool, depending what state we happen to be in.



One year we got tickets to got o the Stadium of Fire in Utah. That was fun, super hot and not perfect, but fun overall. I really wish I was going to be there this year but unfortunately it didn't work out this time.


I'm all about the food and 4th of July is no exception. Burgers are fun but sometimes we switch it up with kabobs and other favorites.


It's not the 4th of July without fireworks!

Tell me about your 4th of July traditions, would love to take a look!

No comments: