Monday, April 30, 2018

Chinese Lantern Festival - Utah



My friend Karina invited me to go to the Chinese Lantern festival with her however the day we were supposed to go was crazy windy and the event was canceled for that day. I ended up being able to go at a later date but unfortunatley she wasn't - boo - so I took my nephews with me instead. This event was crazy cool, lots of photo moments and goes until May 6 so you can still have a chance to go!




It's set up outside at the fairground and I'd say we were there a couple hours and got to see everything we wanted to and take tons of pictures. I would suggest getting there a little earlier if you can, I think we arrived around 7:30? and the performances were already started on stage so we missed some of that. I had wanted to see them spinning plates on sticks. Ah well!



I can't get over how well my pictures turned out. Taken on my Google Pixel phone and I also used a point and shoot camera, those pictures I will feature in another post since it'd be too many for this post.







Some photos of us in the dark, hard to get a good light balance though


These fun umbrellas were spinning which was cool to see





The pandas! I'd been dying to see this part...




My nephews can be so sweet. Reese wanted to draw this heart around my face. Lol




All the zodiac sign animals





  








 To learn more, get hours and pricing, etc, here is the website

No comments: