Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Winter Geese


My neighbor Peggy sent me a FB message a couple mornings ago telling me to look outside because there were geese on our street. Holy moly, yes there were! Quite a lot too...



They were pretty interesting to watch walk around and check things out.
You can see one just plopped itself down in the street like it had no 
cares in the world. 


So funny random!


Drinking from muddy water across the street


Why did the geese cross the road? Probably to get to the other side where the grass was greener...


Ready...set....go!




Hup 2, 3, 4...


This view made me laugh. 3 in a row marching down the middle of the street


Nothing much interesting in our yard, thank goodness, but the water in the gutter was enough for them



I brought one of my birds, this one is Oreo, to the front window to see the new birds and Oreo was entertained for a moment but then it was like old news.



I  am glad they did not gather too long in front of our house or too many of them either


They leave quite a big mess behind! Neighbors around us had millions of poops on their lawn, their dirt and the sidewalk. It does not good to get rid of that until they dry completely or else they just smear. Yuck. 




They were only in the neighborhood for a couple days. I dont remember them coming last year but maybe I just didn't notice however even if you miss them walking around the street, they definitely leave a mark. Literally.





No comments: