Thursday, February 22, 2018

Mesa, AZ Wedding Reception


My brother got married in the Mesa, AZ temple Saturday morning, we all went to lunch at Gecko Grill and then there was a reception in a backyard in the evening. It was set up so nice I had to capture it on multiple camera, Snapchat and a FB Live in my sibling chat. Haha. I made the rounds quite a bit that evening!


This super cute house that was used for pictures of Matt and Cami



One of their presents I just LOVED


Clever way for guests to participate...


Guests could write an adventure for the newly married couple on a dog tag and put it in the bucket. Such a fun idea.


I know these pictures are a bit dark - the light was fading fast. The chocolate chip cookies were crazy good...


As well as these veggie cups. It was a good balance of savory and sweet

   

Some more decorations from around the yard


Cake which I did not get to try but the cupcakes again..oh my, so glad there was leftovers!


My parents on the left then...the Nieffenegger's came! Oh my gosh. They drove 2 hours from Prescott to come to the reception. We go way back! My dad used to be executive secretary when Randy was in the stake presidency (LDS church) and after stake conferences (2x/year) we would go to the Stake President's house for a lunch with everyone in the presidency after the conference was over. He was "Santa" when we were kids and would come over all dressed up and we'd sit on his lap and tell him what we wanted most for Christmas. Haha. Many other memories and good times from knowing them when I was a kid. Now we are all grown up I guess?


Backyard was beautiful


They had a firepit! But no s'mores supplies. 
I guess if I had known I could of brought my own ;-)


Sitting area with photo slideshow of Matt and Cami at various ages


No line, I would be okay with it either way I guess, 
but just Matt and Cami there welcoming their guests.


Tony looked so handsome in his tux! Double fisting food, of course. Hehe. The food was tasty for sure!


Small wedding cake and cupcakes for all the guests...chocolate mint and lemon filled!



Their first dance


Cami dancing with her brother


Meanwhile...during the reception....



...things were happening outside....




Matt & Cami left in a flurry of sparklers which my camera did not do a good job of capturing.

It was such a great evening, perfect weather and I am so glad we were able to be there!









No comments: