Friday, November 7, 2014

Halloween Shenanigans

Our ward trunk or treat was a week before Halloween so that was nice. We combined with the other ward and added a chili cookoff to the party too. 



There were probably about 20 cars or so. Some kids told me that they were told they could go around 8 times. EIGHT TIMES?! I was like..."Yea, you've already gotten candy from me. Sorry. I have to save some for the other kids that come." Geez.

Costumes up close! Thank you Google for the idea in the afternoon

Here is the setup farther back.
We had been saving milk cartons for a few months and I used my Cricut machine to cut faces out with vinyl. We put glowsticks inside which would have turned out lots better if the trunk or treat had happened when it was dark out. Darn it.
I got a brown dress at Savers as well as the green leafty stuff which Tony pinned all over me. I had brown leggings, boots and a hat which turned me into a happy little tree!
We got Tony a wig at Savers (most expensive part of the costume..about $7) and he had a white shirt he could wear and I made him a paint palette which made him Bob Ross!
I was happy with how everything turned out.

We invited my sister Laura, Rocky, Riley & Reese to the trunk or treat. Riley was all over the place and had fun running around outside

He stopped long enough in his ninja costume for a picture

The chili cookoff was supposed to start at 6 but everyone was done and ready to eat around 5pm. 



Tony posing with an invisible brush because he misplaced the one I got him but he found it later. Phew.

We made a white chicken chili in the crockpot. I got a tiny taste but it was gone quickly. We didnt place in the top 3 but it was fun to try.

At my job, we did some fun things in the month of October to celebrate Halloween. One thing people did was decorate their desks. I hung up a tassle banner, Kara found me a coloring book page of an owl during her meeting on another floor and made me a copy and I found owl lights at Target that I hung up at my desk as well. 

We had an all staff meeting for our department and decorated pumpkins. We got first place! There were some really good and creative ones..I was pretty shocked we won. Pictured L-R: Courtney, Leska,Nate, myself and the other 2...I forget their names but the lady hiding in back was only working with us for about a week or so.

It was fun to dress up with some of my coworkers on Halloween day. Left to right are Lara, me, Felicia and Jenny (it was Jenny's last day with us at WGU)

Another department on our floor invited us to do brunch with them. I am so glad they did because I was in heaven with all the fantastic food. Biscuits and gravy, bacon!, fruit, pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, eggs and juice. I was so full after I ate all this.

Nate made chili for everyone for lunch - tons tastier than my frozen meal. It was so so SO GOOD.

Then kids came to trick or treat in the building. This little girl was a cabbage patch doll. The yarn hair was adorable but didnt turn up so well in this picture.

I loved every owl that came to my desk

 Sorry the picture is blurry, I got excited but here is another owl 

I thought this dinosaur costume was pretty neat

Laura and Rocky brought Riley to trick or treat and I held Reese at my desk. It was impossible to work with all the trick or treaters coming by. It was fun to show off my nephews to my coworkers who thought Riley and Reese were so cute and a few of them held Reese.

That evening we headed out to Las Vegas and I left any extra candy I had at work. But that trip is another post for another day!

No comments: