Monday, October 20, 2014

LDS Conference Weekend With Family

I am not too happy with myself for not taking more pictures when my family was in town for conference weekend but we were just having too much fun and so busy that I didnt really take many pictures but here are the ones I did take that I can share!

James arrived Thursday evening. He has visited Laura & I in Utah once before. Julianne , Shawn and Hailey arrived Friday evening and stayed at my place. They have never come to stay with us in Utah before.

We ate at Zupas Friday evening for dinner.

Hailey and Tony were playing a cup game.



They sucked the cups to their faces. It was a contest.

And then Tony's cup fell off his face. Hailey won. We were all laughing so much

Riley stayed entertained for awhile thanks to a phone and free wifi

Hailey had this ice cream cone with a lever that would cause the ice cream part of the cone to pop off at people. Super funny.

After we ate, Shawn and his friend went to see a movie and the rest of us  went to Gardner Village to walk around and check out what was going on there. We got there about 830 and they closed at 9 but we still had fun watching all the nighttime marathon runners and looking at the little shops.

Saturday was the first session of conference which started at 10am. James, Shawn and Julianne went downtown to watch conference with the tickets we had gotten them and Tony & I had Hailey at our house for a bit, then she and I headed to Laura's place for the afternoon session. I dropped off the afternoon tickets to everyone downtown. They had gone to the Gateway for lunch and wanted to be dropped off closer to the conference center which I managed to do without a ton of trouble. 

Reese taking an afternoon nap


Then he woke up and Hailey was so cute with him!


The afternoon session went by fast and everyone headed to my house eventually. Tony & Shawn watched the Priesthood session at the house and James went to temple square in hopes of getting a ticket to get in. Then he walked a mile to Charlie Chows when the session was over to meet us for dinner.

In the meantime, Julianne, Laura & I had so many things we wanted to do for girls night out! Waffle Luv, Tai Pan Trading, The Wood Connection, Quilted Bear, Deseret Book, Plato's Closet and Uptown Cheapskate. We only had 2 hours and we should have gotten started sooner. We went to Platos Closet first and then Deseret Book and entered their contest , hung out for a bit but it was pretty crowded. Quilted Bear was right next door so we stopped in and ran into our friend Nicole F. and her parents visiting from Woodland. Nice! That was so cool to see them. 

I was so excited about this owl that my eyes kind of disappeared. Oh gosh.

We were running out of time fast so we went to Uptown Cheapskate before heading home and then downtown for a late dinner.

Sunday morning selfie in the conference center...

Me, Julianne and James!

Me and Julianne
  

It was great to be in the conference center for the morning session. Sadly I did not see anyone I knew.


Soo many people outside after the morning session


Saying goodbye to Hailey and Julianne and Shawn. They had to head back to Idaho and then on to Washington. It was over all too soon and I was not ready to let them leave. I'm so glad they got to come and visit for a couple days though and go to conference.

James flew back to Arkansas early Monday morning and it was so good that he got to come and was able to get time off from work + his wife agreed to let him come.  He ended up staying with us all 4 nights which was fun. I love when family comes to visit!



No comments: