Sunday, March 3, 2013

El Rocoto Restaurant Review

I tried a new Peruvian restaurant last week with my friends Aimee and Lindsay Lindsay is moving to Portland for the summer with her husband and baby boy so we wanted to get together one more time before she leaves!






This is what I ordered.
Tallarin verde con bisteck which is spaghetti noodles sauteed in 
spinach basil sauce with tender friend steak and fried potato
$11.99

I've had this at K'Rico Peru before and it is my #1 favorite (up there with the lomo saltado)  but K'Rico didnt make this every day so I only was able to order it once in awhile. This dish at El Rocoto was decent...I thought the noodles with the green sauce was okay, I like the flavor from K'Rico better. The meat was good, somewhat tender, but a bit too salty for my taste. The potatoes were yummy with the light yellow sauce I tried with it. We got a plate of about 5 sauces to try. 2 were very hot/spicy though. 

I do want to go back again and take Tony with me. Their menu had quite a lot of items on it and I'd love to try some of their other dishes. 
Located: 3904 W 3500 S, West Valley City

No comments: