Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ward Chili Cookoff!

Our ward had a chili cookoff recently and I somehow got the crazy desire to make some chili. My dad gave me his recipe but I ended up making a 5 star one off the AllRecipes website. There were at least 12-15 different kinds of chili that were brought by people! Including my favorite one that is white with chicken in it. Yum!


They had breadbowls to put the chili in. I LOVE breadbowls but I knew I would eat less chili if I got full on bread so I passed on the breadbowls. I did kind of miss having cornbread and cinnamon rolls like the tradition in the Woodland 2nd ward. 

Tony brought Chili's (like the restaurant) brownies that he made along with vanilla ice cream. They were popular and did not last long. 


Laura and Riley came too, I didnt get a picture of them but Riley had fun eating bits of bread and some noodles in one of the chili's. 

After we had eaten for awhile we left to go to a friend's house to play some games but everyone else stayed and played Minute to Win It games which I heard afterwards was fun. It was fun to me to go "party hopping" again...reminded me of Friday & Saturday nights in Arizona. Good times. 

No comments: