Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Tulips Everywhere Except My Hair



Luckily the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point in Utah extended their event for another week. Which was GREAT because I badly wanted to go to a tulip festival this year! We braved the chilly evening to go and it was definitely worth it.



This man made waterfall is the biggest in the US. Rumor had it that there was an owl living up in there....



There were so many tulips EVERYWHERE! It was amazing. There was over 80% in bloom I believe.



Soo many tulips!



This tulip was really unique



These petals were curvy at the top



These "tub" type things behind us were just amazing to look at.



Another view of the "tubs"



Here Tony & I are in the "Secret Garden" which was built just like how it is in the movie. It was one of my favorite spots!





We went with a family from my mission, the Taggart's, who now live in Utah but they met up with us at Thanksgiving Point. SUPER exciting because I hadnt seen them since I left the mission in 2005 and we lost touch until I found Julie on Facebook last fall I think it was. They have since added another boy and a girl to their family for a total of 4 kids.


Cool statue in the garden



We all had fun feeding the fish. Secret: they even go after spit. Gross!



Top of the waterfall area...looking for the owl... love how the grass area has built in seats in the lawn!



Tony found the owl!! He was so excited too. We all were. The owl was super cute & looked bored but we were all entertained.



Great view as we were leaving the park



Thank you thank you Taggart family for the WONDERFUL time!

2 comments:

Ash and Matt | A SoCal Story said...

I love, love, LOVE the Thanksgiving Point gardens! When I was a senior in high school, I worked in their little gift shop and got to just stroll through the gardens whenever I wanted. It was heaven! I'm so jealous you got to see all of the pretty tulips :-)

Ashley Gilbert said...

It so pretty!! You and Tony are adorable!