Sunday, November 2, 2008

Mindy Gledhill Concert

A couple weeks ago I went to the Mindy Gledhill Benefit Concert for Christian & Stephanie Nielson. You can read about them here in case you havent heard their story already.

Mindy Gledhill is an LDS music artist. I have heard of her but not heard much of her music or seen her live, so it was a cool experience to be able to go. I got there a few minutes after 7 and luckily everyone was running on "Mormon Standard Time" and I sat next to Sis Harris & her daughter Breanne who I havent seen since I was 16 maybe? It was cool to see them because they are from my stake back home in California & it brings back good memories when I run into friends from home.

The concert was so good. Mindy did a great job and sang a lot of good songs. At one part,she brought out "special guests" who are Nielson's daughters, Claire & Jane. They sang a lullaby song with Mindy and it was really cool.

Towards the end of the night, Stephanie's sister Courtney , who blogs here , came out and sang a funny song with Mindy. She doesnt have the best singing voice in the world but she tried & it was hilarious - everyone was laughing with her :)

After the show - me and Mindy Gledhill!

I'm so glad I went & that the concert was able to raise a lot of money to help out the Nielson's. It was worth it to miss other activities going on with the YSA that night plus always fun to see familiar friends from back home who live in Arizona now!


2 comments:

Ashley Gilbert said...

Hey that sounds like such a cool concert. You are always doing something good for human kind. I am sure that YSA is rooting for ya. Lol. And who knows, with a go getter caring person like you, I am sure that you will find such a great guy. :) Well, take care and thanks for the comment on the baby blog. Aaron and I also made a Married Blog, it is http://aaronandashleyareinlove.blogspot.com I think I am upsesed with blogging, facebook and Myspace---well not so much. But yeah. Ttyl!

Michael B said...

That is really awesome! Annie is a huge fun of Mindy Gledhill!