Monday, August 18, 2008

Camping w/Gable YSA!

The wknd of August 15th there was so much going on in Mesa! Pool parties, a free concert, dances...and the Gable YSA camping trip. I sort of wanted to go but not really because there was no one I really cared to hang out with for so long but in the end I just decided, what the heck, I'll go and if it blows then next time I'll wont go!

I got off work at 3:30 on Friday and my friend Dil and I rolled outta town a bit after 4:30. Got gas and headed up the road to Payson, about an hour and a half from Mesa. Stopped to get food at Arby's & Dil got a tent, air mattress & a pump at the Walmart. I got tums. Ha, that Arby's didnt agree with me so well I guess.

Got up to the cabin we were all staying at in Pine Top about 40 min later and Nathan Jones , Bishop Eames and his wife were already there. Nathan's grandparents own the cabin we were staying at that weekend. We got a tour and hung out until about an hour later more people started showing up.

It's a Dil Sandwich!

Pretty much the night was spent chillaxin' around the campfire. Played a couple games but everyone mostly just wanted to socialize. Some people were inside playing card games. I opted to stay outside and roast marshmallows and listen to the conversations going on around me. I talked to a few ppl too and met some new people who had come up, friends, newer members of the ward, or just people I never talk to at church but I talked to them on the camp out. It was fun!

Around 1:30 mostly everyone moved inside and some started that game, 2 Truths and a Lie. I hate that game because I cant play it right. I always end up forgetting to put in the lie. Agh. So I sat and observed ..around 2:30am I went to bed because I couldnt stay awake any longer. Woke up at 7, felt it was too early to get up, went back to sleep - until TEN! I was like the last one up. A group of people stayed up til seven in the morning. No way not me. I'm glad I got a lot of sleep despite staying up late. Breakfast was bagels and cream cheese, then we cleaned the place up and headed out.

funny sign I saw when leaving Pine Top

However, instead of heading back to Mesa, Dil & I headed to other places instead! For his job he fixes AC units and he had a few he had to attend to so we went to Snowflake, Heber, St Johns, thru Show Low, back to Heber. Here are some pics of these places...

We stopped at the Snowflake Temple which I'd never been to before

Saw a fire on our way out of St. Johns, so we went to go check it out. Turns out a small plane went down, in a town so small they dont have a fire dept. To read more about the story click here or here to read the blog from the sister of the woman who was on the plane that went down. The pilot died. Apparently the husband and wife on to the plane are LDS and from Mesa but I dont know them.

On the way home we stopped to pick some wildflowers, and it was raining with thunder & lightning. Oh so exciting. Here are a couple more pics of the cool lookin' clouds.


Beagle Buds said...

Beautiful pictures.~Annessa

Gates & Tausha said...

looks like SUCH FUN!!! (how sad about the plane crash...can't believe you saw the fire)...

Michael & Annie Beckstead said...

Looks like some fun times - isn't camping a blast? Well, sounds like you were in a cabin, so why did your friend buy a tent?

Stacie said...

Dil bought a tent because only the girls got to sleep in the cabin. The boys were supposed to sleep outside.